Grayscale not working in Power Saving mode, only in Ultra

Punker1234

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone.

As the title says, when i select Power saving mode and have grayscale turned on, my home screen is not in grayscale. It's still simply in color. Is this a known bug?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It works fine on mine... Are you using a different launcher? It shouldn't affect it though. Which version are you using? Mine's T-Mobile's.

Punker1234

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Grayscale is only in ultra power saving mode to my knowledge.

Posted via the Android Central App

If you pull down the top menu and hold down Power Saving icon for a second it should take you to the settings for that icon. In there, you can slide grayscale on or off for regular Power Saving mode, not Ultra.

Punker1234

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Alright, I figured it out. So as mentioned above, you can go to the settings the way I described and flip on the mode. BUT, I went into regular settings/Power Savings/Power Savings mode and then at the top it says "Select when enabled". I thought this was weird as the choices are Always or Auto Enable. No clue what that means, but when I choose always, I can now click ti on and off and the device seems to enter that mode as it shows grayscale now. Pretty strange, can someone explain?

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I figured it out. So as mentioned above, you can go to the settings the way I described and flip on the mode. BUT, I went into regular settings/Power Savings/Power Savings mode and then at the top it says "Select when enabled". I thought this was weird as the choices are Always or Auto Enable. No clue what that means, but when I choose always, I can now click ti on and off and the device seems to enter that mode as it shows grayscale now. Pretty strange, can someone explain?

Auto enable means that the power save mode will ONLY turn on after your batt is at 20% and under. Thats why when you enabled it, it stayed the same. Always will just turn it on now no matter the batt%.. Also you have to have the power save on the "on" position at top or it will not turn on at all. I have mine on and auto also that way it will kick in itself later.

dralex1981

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Strangely, I do not have the "Select when enabled"- Always or Auto Enable option in power saving. Do I need to do something to activate it?

Punker1234

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Auto enable means that the power save mode will ONLY turn on after your batt is at 20% and under. Thats why when you enabled it, it stayed the same. Always will just turn it on now no matter the batt%.. Also you have to have the power save on the "on" position at top or it will not turn on at all. I have mine on and auto also that way it will kick in itself later.

I think it's clear. But ALways on means Power Save is always on even if it's not checked?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63