Note 4 Touches itself - Major Screen Fault - First and only case I'm aware of

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can paste the link and just remove the youtube.com part. That way it won't show up as a link, just text.

The only time I've seen something like that happen is when the touch sensitivity is set to high (for use with gloves) and there's too much wind around.

biggunspaul

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
What's the big deal, saves you having to do all the typing lol

We will probably all see this feature in the note 5,you got lucky and got it a year early

Posted via the Android Central App

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
That's crazy! Sorry I don't have anything constructive to add... I confess, I only clicked on this thread cause the title said your phone was touching itself & I found it hilarious :D

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the screen sensitivity set to the high setting for about an hour. Insane. It was doing all sorts of stuff all by itself. I even turned it over, face down, and it somehow desk-dialed my bank's auto-teller. Even with the sensitivity set to "normal", the screen is super, super sensitive. I like it that way but dang, it gets to be annoying sometimes.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've never had that sensitive, I've had where my Palm activates stuff on the side when swiping. It is more sensitive then the note 3. Yours I would take in and get it replaced.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the screen sensitivity set to the high setting for about an hour. Insane. It was doing all sorts of stuff all by itself. I even turned it over, face down, and it somehow desk-dialed my bank's auto-teller. Even with the sensitivity set to "normal", the screen is super, super sensitive. I like it that way but dang, it gets to be annoying sometimes.

If your phone is touching itself, maybe you need to buy it a girlfriend lol

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Where do you change the sensitivity setting for the screen? Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't seem right, especially if it's indoors. Like I said, the only way I've seen it do something similar it's if it's windy/humid outside and the wind is hitting it DIRECTLY with the high-sensitivity screen mode. If you dial it down, even with the wind it still doesn't do it.

Also, water droplets might trigger touch input reactions, but it doesn't seem like it's raining in that video hehe

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Strange. Have you tried using a different keyboard? Just out of curiousity. I wonder if it's the Samsung keyboard app. I'm sure you've tried the hard reset option.

capitaltpt

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
How to fix the issue:

1. Open Device Settings
2. Place phone on a table face up
3. Throw holy water at phone while screaming, "the power of Christ compels you!"
4. Repeat until phone spews pea soup.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Honestly it could be fingerprints mixed with too high sensitivity. I've had my phone press buttons because of fingerprint smudges. But not nearly as much lol.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie