Bluetooth stuttering or choppy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does that occur on both wi-fi and mobile data? Wi-fi and Bluetooth can sometimes interfere with each other.

b_srt_tell

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I've experienced the stuttering while streaming music in 2 different cars. My phone also has stuttering connection with my moto 360. Bluetooth issues are the only problem I've had but can't figure out if it's hardware or software related.

kotkinjs1

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I've got it too. Wasn't sure what it was - connecting to my Sena BT in my motorcycle helmet. My old Note 3 never gave me that problem. Just the occasional cut out.

Mojofilter9

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had it once - it was the only time that I'd used it in power saving mode so I'd guess it was that as I use Bluetooth audio everyday and other than that one time, never had any issues.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Justin IOnn

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue on my HTC One M7. I recently switched my launcher to Yahoo Aviate, so I thought it may be that.

It wasn't! It was the last app I'd updated: Poynt.

Quite why the Poynt app would cause my Bluetooth to stutter, I have no idea.

I uninstalled Poynt completely, and my Bluetooth is back to normal.

aodioxp

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar problem. when streaming music to my bluetooth ear-buds, it will cut off sometimes unless I disconnect android wear. This happens only when note 4 is not connected to my moto 360. When both connected, everything seems working properly.

newbinga

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my Galaxy s4. It worked fine regardless of wifi status. Pandora, rhapsody, iheart, etc. Now it will play for a couple minutes and will loose connection to my LG 730 headphones. It also won't stay connected to the car.

I was told this was probably an app that was updated and is interfering.

Any easy way to find which app was recently updated or may be causing this?

c_u_s_h

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I am experiencing the same thing on my galaxy note 4. It's like it cuts out four times a second for about a sixteenth of a second. It happens on two of three Bluetooth speakers that I connect it to. Other people can connect to any of those speakers with their iPhone and it sounds great. But since I can connect to some Bluetooth speakers without problems I can't completely blame it on the Galaxy Note 4 either.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I am experiencing the same thing on my galaxy note 4. It's like it cuts out four times a second for about a sixteenth of a second. It happens on two of three Bluetooth speakers that I connect it to. Other people can connect to any of those speakers with their iPhone and it sounds great. But since I can connect to some Bluetooth speakers without problems I can't completely blame it on the Galaxy Note 4 either.

I've run into a similar issue with earbuds - occasional, very short dropouts. I found that if I left the screen on, this didn't happen at all. This was covered in another thread and others reported similar results.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4/477341-note-4-bluetooth-skipping-audio.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC