What portable speaker do you use?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
In the shower I use a Jam Splash. Loud, clear, water resistant, take calls with it, rechargeable...

got it at BBB with a 20% coupon.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I had the UV boom paid 200 had very good sound! Took it back a few days later and got the Harman/Kardon. On sale for the same price as the UV. All I can say is wow even better sound!

Posted via the Android Central App

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that really upsets me is when I am playing music doesn't matter if it's my portable speaker or in car at times it breaks up like a old record! Guess I showed my age haha. It's the Bluetooth on my note 4! Does anyone else have this problem??

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm using an Anker MP141 ($40 on Amazon). Small, great sound and 15-20 hours of battery life. The build quality is nice. It comes with a small bag for travel, a USB cable and 3.5 mm cable for plugging directly into it. Definitely worth the money.

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that really upsets me is when I am playing music doesn't matter if it's my portable speaker or in car at times it breaks up like a old record! Guess I showed my age haha. It's the Bluetooth on my note 4! Does anyone else have this problem??

Bluetooth issues with note 4 yes. Sucks

Zetaprime

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth issues with note 4 yes. Sucks

Actually vinyl records are still a retro sort of fad among audiophile purists. So you don't have to be of the Boomer generation or older to know about them. Personally I haven't used my old turntable in about 20 years or maybe more. I still have the old records in the cabinet, though. They might become valuable antiques. Got VHS tapes too but who knows if they're any good after so many years, and the player for them which may or may not still be functional.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Actually vinyl records are still a retro sort of fad among audiophile purists. So you don't have to be of the Boomer generation or older to know about them. Personally I haven't used my old turntable in about 20 years or maybe more. I still have the old records in the cabinet, though. They might become valuable antiques. Got VHS tapes too but who knows if they're any good after so many years, and the player for them which may or may not still be functional.

Still have all my records and linn sondek. :)

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone experience the Bluetooth trouble I'm having? Portable speaker and also in my car it breaks up?

Zetaprime

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Still have all my records and linn sondek. :)

Who or what is linn sondek? I'm in the USA, so that might be the reason it is unfamiliar since it sounds European. Ahh..googled it..its some sort of turntable from Scotland, so I nailed it on the European part.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm using an Anker MP141 ($40 on Amazon). Small, great sound and 15-20 hours of battery life. The build quality is nice. It comes with a small bag for travel, a USB cable and 3.5 mm cable for plugging directly into it. Definitely worth the money.

This is What I have. The sound is quite impressive. Battery is stellar. I didn't think that little white box would sound good...but man it does!

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

sensi09

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Soundlink 3.

Was considering returning it and getting the cheaper denon envaya though.

Can't post links yet, but wirecutter has a pretty comprehensive review thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-bluetooth-speaker/

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Sold the JBL Clip and got the Logitech ue Mini Boom over Boxing Day for half price!

Overall much better, the 8 hours (compared to 5) was the reason why I upgraded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress