First Android, Need Help!

swimmer160

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys, so I've got a few questions that have come up over the past couple of weeks with my Note 4.

1.) I downloaded Zedge at the recommendation of a friend for some ringtones and notification tones, and started using it shortly after I got the phone. However a couple of days ago, I noticed that the tones that I set, namely in WhatsApp, have reverted back to the default notification tone. Is this a WhatsApp problem, or is something else going on that reverted the notification tones to the phone notifications?

2.) I think I messed up with my contacts and getting them imported in, and now I don't know how to easily fix that. I'm coming over from Windows Phone, and before I got the Note, I exported my contact list from Outlook to Gmail. All was golden, until I installed the Outlook app, and YouMail. Not I have triplets and in some cases 4 copies of contact information. What's the easiest way to just clean all that up?

3.) With the notifications, is there a way to stop an app from displaying information in the notification pull-down? If an app has an icon in the upper left, does there need to be something in the notification pull-down?

If I think of anymore I will ask. You guys are a big help here. Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. 1. Is that happening with other ringtones like texts and such? If not, I would say it might be a whatsapp issue. Try emailing the developer and ask.

3. Notifications is mainly an all or nothing thing. You get them in the status bar or not. The thing with notifications is if you see an icon there, something is up. Pulling down the shade gives more detail on that notification.

Sent from an AOSP M8

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
2. It sounds like you could have your contacts set to sync from multiple sources. You can check your Settings>Accounts area to see what accounts are syncing the contacts with your phone and make sure that is only one account that is set to sync contacts. You also may have to check the settings of the Outlook and YouMail apps to make sure they are not syncing contacts directly from the apps.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
2) you may just want to go to app info for contacts and clear data. This should erase all contacts but if you have them all on outlook it doesn't matter because you can just sync the contacts like you did the first time.

3. Notifications can be hidden by holding down the notification in the notification drawer. Click app info. Then uncheck show notification.

swimmer160

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
2) you may just want to go to app info for contacts and clear data. This should erase all contacts but if you have them all on outlook it doesn't matter because you can just sync the contacts like you did the first time.

3. Notifications can be hidden by holding down the notification in the notification drawer. Click app info. Then uncheck show notification.

Ok cool, I'll have to try that for the contact info. Also, thanks for the notifications tip, that helped out.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I use the Zedge app for R.Tones & wallpapers too & sometimes if the phone needs to be "re-started" b/c something's acting up or locked up, the R.Tones do (sometimes) revert back to the defaults. This has happened to me B4 also. Think it's an issue with Zedge because it's happened to me on more than 1 phone. Hopefully, Z. will fix it in an update soon!
Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance