go launcher or nova launcher - which is better?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: go launcher or nova launcher

Don't even consider Go Launcher. It's full of spam, unwanted apps, and is a huge resource hog, among other problems.

Nova works well, highly customizable, and is light on resources.

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

I like go launcher it's fast smooth and very customizable I'm running it again on my note 4 I had it on my g2 and have been running stock touch wiz since I got the note 4 on release day.

Posted via the Android Central App

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Nova has always been the way to go for me. Better features and really smooth all the way around.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I always opt for Apex but it's very similar to Nova and both are great launchers.

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

I've always been a Go guy with Launcher and with SMS. I used them both for years. They recently updated SMS and I did not like it. WIth the Note 4 I decided to go with Handcent (which I like better than GO now) and with Nova which I just DL'd last night based upon recommendations from here. Go does have ads, which is a pain, but does appear to have some things that Nova does not (or that I haven't found yet). Go definitely had more transitions available and an option to Randomize them so every time you went from page to page the transition was random. Go also had a nice Notes widget which I miss now that you lose the ability to pin a Smart Note to the home page with the stylus. I will work with Nova for a short while to see how it goes. As a newbie to Nova I would welcome any thoughts that long time users have. Thanks.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

Been using the Google Launcher with my Note 4 for a week now, Have used Nova in the past and I will probably switch to it but both are nice.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Some help me launchers what are they used for and why would i need one. I just got my note 4.

Launchers allow you to truly customize your device. You don't need one but many people choose to get them for these reasons:

-change the grid size of the number of apps
-change icons of apps
-change look of the app drawer
-change the apps and layout in the dock and the number of pages the dock has
-change the transition when swiping between pages
-add an unread email, unread message, missed call notification number on the app like iphones have.
-add gestures like tap twice to open the camera or swipe down to open notification drawer or swipe up for recent apps or whatever you choose these things to be
-makes things much more fluid most of the time. TW isn't that slow on the note 4 but on older devices launchers were God sent. Lol

These are the basics. Launchers can get wayyyy deeper. I recommend checking out Nova or Apex or one of the many launchers in the play store and just play around with it and see what it can do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke