Samsung Galaxy Note 4 This phone keeps begging me to go naked!

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have this problem?

I have a nice case, but I keep wanting to take it off. I especially like how much easier it fits into my pant pocket...

I just can't figure out what to do when I need to lay it on say a table... Screen or camera down? I don't want to damage either...

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: This phone keeps begging me to go naked!

After removing my case, I noticed my slim armor has scratched the top metal... More reason to just bare it all!

Just need to grab some insurance and go naked. Any tips for placing the phone on surfaces when not in your pocket? Screen down or camera?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

I've never been one for covers and with the note 4 there's no exception - this phone looks amazing. I wouldn't want to add any bulk to it or ruin it's design. It's quite sad, but I'm very particular about where I put my phone down. In my work it sits on a packet of post it notes, screen face up lol. When I go home, if it's not in my pocket it sits on my bedside table on a mouse mat :) nothing but luxury for my phone lol

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

I've never been one for covers and with the note 4 there's no exception - this phone looks amazing. I wouldn't want to add any bulk to it or ruin it's design. It's quite sad, but I'm very particular about where I put my phone down. In my work it sits on a packet of post it notes, screen face up lol. When I go home, if it's not in my pocket it sits on my bedside table on a mouse mat :) nothing but luxury for my phone lol
Great ideas, thanks!

QBert

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

After removing my case, I noticed my slim armor has scratched the top metal... More reason to just bare it all!

Just need to grab some insurance and go naked. Any tips for placing the phone on surfaces when not in your pocket? Screen down or camera?

You could put on a decent screen protector and go screen down?

Posted via the Android Central App

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

Every Note I've owned has been naked. It's not slippery like the iPhone and is much more durable. Plus the replaceable back gives piece of mind too. Just be careful with the screen :)

varunaX

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

the shiny metal border scratches incredibly easily. and looks bad when it happens. be warned

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

I gotta say, it is tempting, especially with my tiny hands. I LOVE my case, but like Yogi217 I have the Spigen Slim Armor and I have noticed some tiny scratches on the top bezel from removing it.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

the shiny metal border scratches incredibly easily. and looks bad when it happens. be warned
Yes, and unfortunately my cases is scratching the metal... So makes me wonder why I have a case (other than for drop protection which insurance will cover).

BaldwiJ7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I have a nice case, but I keep wanting to take it off. I especially like how much easier it fits into my pant pocket...

I just can't figure out what to do when I need to lay it on say a table... Screen or camera down? I don't want to damage either...
I got the Body Glove case and I love it. It is thin enough add barely any bulk to the phone, but raises it so you can set it face down or camera down and the glass won't touch the surface.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 4

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I always put it back down. If I'm putting my phone down somewhere "foreign" I try to wipe the surface down with a napkin quickly, but regardless minor scratches on the camera lens are unlikely to pull into your pictures.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

I always put it back down. If I'm putting my phone down somewhere "foreign" I try to wipe the surface down with a napkin quickly, but regardless minor scratches on the camera lens are unlikely to pull into your pictures.
Thanks. Good to know.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

I got the Body Glove case and I love it. It is thin enough add barely any bulk to the phone, but raises it so you can set it face down or camera down and the glass won't touch the surface.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 4
Thanks. My slim armor case does the same. Just contemplating whether I even need a case now that my metal is scratched because the whole point of buying a case before I even had the phone was to keep it in mint condition.... That ship has now sailed....

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

I just want the wireless charging back to cover the camera bump so I can stay naked!

Posted by my Note 4, or Nexus 9...****, maybe by a Note 2014 ed. or hell...maybe it was this Nexus 4 or 5...oh, snap...there's Nexus 7. okay, I need to clean...

westcoaststyle

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site

As much as I want my phone to go naked, I know eventually I'm going to end up dropping it on the ground so I want it protected. My S3's screen cracked after one drop, so I told myself I would get a case for my next phone.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Get the Samsung brand S View case. Best of both worlds. When it's closed, it protects your screen, and gives you added functionality that you can still do with the cover shut, and using the display window. Then, when you open the cover, you can see the entire screen and edges without a stupid case covering it all. Where the case replaces the stock battery door, it really doesn't add much bulk, but still feels naked

Posted via Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Don't fight it, go naked!! :D

But, Let me give you this piece of advice. You go NAKED, PLEASE don't cry when it is DROPPED.

It Will be DROPPED at one time or another just a matter of when!!

Your call!! ;)

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

got my spigen neo hybrid case in this morning and while I really do like it I can't stand having it on. I'm fighting the urge to take it off. I doubt it will make it through the day before being cast aside and stashed away for use only when necessary.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Don't fight it, go naked!! :D

But, Let me give you this piece of advice. You go NAKED, PLEASE don't cry when it is DROPPED.

It Will be DROPPED at one time or another just a matter of when!!

Your call!! ;)
Yes it will! That's why I'm going to get insurance and probably keep my old nexus 4 around as a backup to use while I wait for a replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair