Slowest camera ever. Takes 10 seconds after tapping on picture for it to appear

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had many Android phones. This one has THE slowest camera ever. After I take a shot, if I tap on the picture it will take at least 10 seconds to appear.

Posted via the Android Central App

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Slowest camera ever.

I have had many Android phones. This one has THE slowest camera ever. After I take a shot, if I tap on the picture it will take at least 10 seconds to appear.

How long does it take to take the picture you wait 10 seconds to see?

anon(25362)

May 20, 2010
Visit site

The camera itself isn't slow for me but the transition from camera to gallery after snapping a shot ND then tapping on the small photo in the corner to jump into gallery takes quite a while. Meh

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Tested mine... if I am using automatic review after the shot, takes about 1 second to pop up on screen. If I don't use automatic review and click on the gallery button in the botbottom of the screen it takes close to 3 seconds the first time and close to 2 second for the next shots.

Something atypical is going on with your device.

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

The camera itself isn't slow for me but the transition from camera to gallery after snapping a shot ND then tapping on the small photo in the corner to jump into gallery takes quite a while. Meh

This is mine.

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

Yup...just went thru an 8 second pause to view the pic i just took

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Yup...just went thru an 8 second pause to view the pic i just took

I have the DE version its rooted and it's as quick as any android phone I've had. I did not time it but it seems instantaneously. I wouldn't have time to time it. I wouldn't think the DE version or being rooted would make any difference but I don't know what would unless its the type of External SD card that is being used. My pics are saved to the external SD card unless shot in burst mode. Do you think the type or speed of the external SD card could be the difference? I also have enabled full SD card access with the exposed module "KitKat SD Card Full". If I had this problem I would try saving pictures to the internal card and see if that helped. You may have to use a Camera App form the play store to have this option.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

If you have a lot of photos in your gallery that can cause the issue you're describing. Try offloading them and see if the issue persists.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you saving to internal memory? Should be much quicker in my experience than when using sd card.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have 137 total pics... All to the external sd. The problem varies from a few seconds to 10 seconds.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't matter where the pictures are stored. The more sources/pictures you have it'll slow it down. The S5 has the same issue. http://www.gadgetguy.com.au/how-to-fix-the-flaws-of-the-samsung-galaxy-s5/2/

Scroll halfway down the page to "Gallery lag and image rotation" for fixes.

? Um. Yes. It does matter where the pictures are being stored. If they are being stored on internal memory, they will be stored and accessed MUCH more quickly. An external SD card will always be slower to access...

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
? Um. Yes. It does matter where the pictures are being stored. If they are being stored on internal memory, they will be stored and accessed MUCH more quickly. An external SD card will always be slower to access...

If you say so. I have pictures on my SD card and on the phone and magically there's no discernible difference in the time it takes opening them. Even the slowest SD card, unless it's damaged, is more than fast enough for smartphone photo saving/opening duties and shouldn't be a bottleneck.

Last edited:

cvail

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the gallery in general is a very slow load. I put the SD card i used in my N2 for 2 years without lag, and noticed the lag immediately on my N4.

biggunspaul

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like your sd card could the issue.

I have my photos store to a Samsung evo sd card on mine and it takes around 1-2 seconds for me to be able to view the photo I've just taken,and I don't have automatic preview turned on.

bernardcote

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Had the same issue and disabled Google+ photos in Samsung's Gallery app, but kept the sync on in Google's Photos app.

Seems much quicker for some reason...

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Also look under setting.. content to display. Make sure that "on this device" is all that is checked. If not the gallery will poll the connected services (facebook, dropbox, google+, picasa) and try to integrate those galleries in with the on device photos. Can cause significant slow downs. Its an example of an app trying to do too much, and potentially ruining its self by doing it.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to set a gallery app as default in Android? Not that I know of. I've used Sony Pictures and the CM Next gallery app and they are both much faster.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz