Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Hate Touch Whiz, but I like this phone.....HALP!?!?!?!?

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Hate Touch Whiz, but I like this phone.....HALP!?!?!?!?

That is just your experience.

In my experience, with my phone, I get none of those things.

You're either on a custom ROM or you don't know what lag is. Every single stock Note 4 has lag....especially with the Recents key and the gallery. I know, I handle a ton of these as I work for at&t and also have one of my own (a T-Mobile version running at&t service ironically)

Posted via the Android Central App

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

You're either on a custom ROM or you don't know what lag is. Every single stock Note 4 has lag....especially with the Recents key and the gallery. I know, I handle a ton of these as I work for at&t and also have one of my own (a T-Mobile version running at&t service ironically)

I hate to burst your bubble but that is incorrect on all counts.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I had s t-mobile variant and a friend has the AT&T one and now own the Verizon one and the Verizon one is the worse in terms of lag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Alrighty then. I said my peace (pun intended) and obviously you don't care. As such, as you continue to use "Samsuck", I'm done and will continue to ignore your posts as I'm sure many others will as well. Good luck and good night.

Uh, okay, you are welcome, and thanks?

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

You have your right to hate Samsung but it's unnecessary to say samsuck....just my 2 cents

Nothing is necessary. Why do you care if I say Samsuck? Do yo own stock? Do you work for them? Did you help create the phone? Exactly why do you care what I call Samsung?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Nothing is necessary. Why do you care if I say Samsuck? Do yo own stock? Do you work for them? Did you help create the phone? Exactly why do you care what I call Samsung?

Because it shows your maturity ? Really don't need to be making names and as others have said people could avoid to help you based on how you say it no matter what you intended ....

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Because it shows your maturity ? Really don't need to be making names and as others have said people could avoid to help you based on how you say it no matter what you intended ....

No it doesn't. It doesn't show maturity, age, political lean, hair color, etc. It shows that I hate Samsung, and I call them Samsuck. That's all it shows. You didn't answer my question though, why do YOU care. Why do I have to a D bag? Why did anyone call me a name? I called a corporation a name, and no one else. Why are you so up in arms about this?

You are mistaken also, as plenty of people helped me. Clearly, I got a ton of useful information, and it was extremely helpful.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hate Touch Whiz, but I like this phone.....HALP!?!?!?!?

No it doesn't. It doesn't show maturity, age, political lean, hair color, etc. It shows that I hate Samsung, and I call them Samsuck. That's all it shows. You didn't answer my question though, why do YOU care. Why do I have to a D bag? Why did anyone call me a name? I called a corporation a name, and no one else. Why are you so up in arms about this?

You are mistaken also, as plenty of people helped me. Clearly, I got a ton of useful information, and it was extremely helpful.

It does show your maturity level imo if you need to make up names for s company instead of just stating I hate apple or I hate Samsung or etc. I don't add in I hate crapple (own an iPad). I wouldn't go as far as going as calling you A D bag since I don't think you are ..

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

It does show your maturity level imo if you need to make up names for s company instead of just stating I hate apple or I hate Samsung or etc. I don't add in I hate crapple (own an iPad). I wouldn't go as far as going as calling you A D bag since I don't think you are ..

You still didn't answer the question, why does it bother YOU so much? As for the maturity thing, any age or any maturity can hate Samsung. Why does that determine how mature a person is? That doesn't make sense.

I think this is a case of Brand Loyalty gone haywire. Samsuck faithful are up in arms, whined, moaned, name called, and compained. The Android faithful who happened to own Samsuck products, answered and helped.

I am glad that people are allowed to hate any company we want, and can post on any forum we like. It helped make my decision.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

You still didn't answer the question, why does it bother YOU so much? As for the maturity thing, any age or any maturity can hate Samsung. Why does that determine how mature a person is? That doesn't make sense.

I think this is a case of Brand Loyalty gone haywire. Samsuck faithful are up in arms, whined, moaned, name called, and compained. The Android faithful who happened to own Samsuck products, answered and helped.

I am glad that people are allowed to hate any company we want, and can post on any forum we like. It helped make my decision.

Lol brand loyalty ...I'm actually considering returning my note 4 for a nexus 6 and own an iPad for a tablet.

There is a big difference between hating a company and making stupid names for said company.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Lol brand loyalty ...I'm actually considering returning my note 4 for a nexus 6 and own an iPad for a tablet.

There is a big difference between hating a company and making stupid names for said company.

I didn't say you where brand loyal, specifically, don't make assumptions. You also have not answered the question. I suspect that you won't be answering the question.

Of course there is a difference behind hating a company and making up names for it. They are different verbs altogether. They are different actions. There is a difference between hating a company and drinking rum also, but what does that have to do with anything? I am allowed to both hate Samsung as well as call it Samsuck.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Okay, I left Samsuck after the Galaxy S3. Until then, all of my Android life had been Galaxy phones. I got the Moto X, never looked back.

Since the Moto X, I went to a N5. The weak camera, weak signal and weak battery swore me away from the Nexus 5, the only problem, base Android is OUTSTANDING.

I loathe TW, I hate the extreme bloatware Samsung puts on these phones. I hate the Samsung App store, music store, storage services, etc. Until I saw a buddies Note 3, I would have never conscidered coming back.

Fast forward to the Nexus 6. Big phone with a substandard screen, that gets 3.5 hours of battery time, and opens apps slow.... No. The Moto X is big, with a tiny battery also. I don't know what is going on, but it looks like Samsung has clawed its way back.

No HTC, as I hate Sense and Blinkfeed more than I hate Apple. LG's button lay out is ugly, and stupid, plus they lost me with that poor Nexus 5.

How is the Note 4? Does it still have that special brand of Touch Crap lag? Can you finally shut off all of that stupid Samsuck bloat? The S3 had a terrible radio also, have the Galaxy radios improved? Is there a base android ROM I can put on this thing and remove TW completely? Has there been any rumors of a GPE version?

Thanks guys.

Well Its pretty clear you hate samsung products so why would you even consider another Sammy phone I don't get it and on top of all that your almost demanding that we make up your mind for you here's a know fact all Sammy products have touch wiz ok now I've said it .And if you don't like there products please try something else go down to your local phone store and play with all the phones for yourself then make up your own mind

Posted via Android Central App

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Well Its pretty clear you hate samsung products so why would you even consider another Sammy phone I don't get it and on top of all that your almost demanding that we make up your mind for you here's a know fact all Sammy products have touch wiz ok now I've said it .And if you don't like there products please try something else go down to your local phone store and play with all the phones for yourself then make up your own mind

Posted via Android Central App

I am allowed to consider anything i feel like. I am also not demanding anyone here do anything, no clue where you got that at. I stated my problems with these devices, and quite a few people gave opinions on those things, I used the information to make a decision. What's your problem with that process?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

*leads group in singing* "Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends?"

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Use one of the myriad of launchers available on Play.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Samsuck has nothing to do with anyone being a 'D bag'. But these responses sure do. There's no reason you have to be so disrespectful to every single person who comments to you.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Just get a flip phone and leave smart phones alone, sind you don't like anything.

What exactly does halp mean?

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Just get a flip phone and leave smart phones alone, sind you don't like anything.

What exactly does halp mean?

Whoa. This thread was dead an buried. What is "sind"? What exactly does "sind" mean? Halp is a n internet meme, it's l337 kid speech for "help". It has been around since about 1996 or so.

Is "sind" supposed to be "since"? If it is, well, you are incorrect sir. There is plenty that I like, and that includes flip phones, coincidentally. I am not sure how you arrived at that conclusion, but what evs (/SNICKER, see what I just did there?).

i like Slaves attitude...makes me wish i had an x-box (or KNEW what one was, for that matter.. kidding (but barely)

It ain't often i get to read posts dripping with wit, knowledge, & sarcasm all rolled up into one. (Unless i read, & reread MY OWN posts, but that can get boring...lol)

Kudos to the mods on this one for NOT takin' it down, it really wasn't nasty at all IF u read between the lines (and if u have no life & have the time & inclination to do so, which I DO!

BTC

Thank you sweetie! I really wasn't trying to be a Richard Cranium at all, I also knew that the Samsung Faithful would be here with pitchforks, and ready to defend the honor of Samsung.

I really did get a ton of useful info, bundled up with the people who launched flames.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I actually agree with some of the later comments of the OP. I'm not a fan of the denigration of Samsung products, but who am I or anyone else for that matter to tell him that he is wrong for his beliefs about Samsung or what he says about the company's products? I also believe that the names others have called him are more egregious. Either way it is the internet / forum culture. You need alligator skin before entering. And we all need a level of tolerance and acceptance of the opinions of others. And this thread ultimately proved not to be the efforts of a troll because he ended up buying or will buy a Note 4. He will see or maybe has already seen that Samsuck is actually Samtastic!

Note in my house!

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank you sweetie! I really wasn't trying to be a Richard Cranium at all, I also knew that the Samsung Faithful would be here with pitchforks, and ready to defend the honor of Samsung.

Other than one particular member who was more than happy to keep picking up the rope you were dropping, very few people actually flamed you.

I have no problem with you having your own opinion. But you came across as petty and immature when you continue the Samsuck deal, even after people acknowledge you have a right to your opinion. You don't have to keep selling us on the idea you are a reluctant Samsung user.

I have owned Samsung devices since the original Galaxy S1, but I am not a blindly loyal fan by any means. It has more to do with what my carrier offers than any particular loyalty I maintain.

I'm glad to hear you took the plunge on the Note 4. I look forward to hearing how you think the brand and TouchWiz have changed since the last time you owned a Samsung product.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173