security settings

detectorfrog

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Every time I try to enter the security tab in settings it says settings has stopped working and kicks me out.
Irritating in that I can't tell what's on or off.
Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Not to seem overly simplistic, but, have you tried rebooting your phone? Sometimes a restart can help.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I got the phone on release day. After spending about 5-6 hours setting everything up, it happened to me. I knew I'd been in the security settings before so started uninstalling apps . When I got to the TeslaUnread (add-on for Nova launcher), uninstalled and security settings no longer crashed. Re-installed crashed, etc. Everything has been fine (I thought) until tonight I needed to go into the security settings again and again got the "Unfortunately, settings has stopped" message. I have no idea what I may have installed since Oct! I tried getting rid of a few things I know I installed over the past week, but beyond that, no idea.

Google'd a bit (was nothing anywhere yet when it first happened to me) and found this - PSA: Settings > Security "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped." [SOLVED] : galaxynote4

For the heck of it I removed the S-View cover and settings did not crash when I opened Security Settings. Put it back on and it crashed upon opening it, etc. Definitely was not the issue the first time because I tried this then. Ugh. Hard to believe there's only like five of us on the whole darn web!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey