How do I disable automatic PDF file in my Samsung Note 4?

melissapr

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I have an Samsung Note 4. When I click a PDF link in my browser (not Chrome), it automaticly downsloads to my "files". Instead I would like it to ask me first or just open it in PDF and give me the option to save it if I whant to. If you have the solution please let me know, tks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure you have an app that can open and read PDFs?

Try going to the App Manager, tap Menu, then Reset All App Preferences. This will clear app defaults, and give you that option to choose a different app to open the PDF (if you have one that can do it, that is).

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe there is a way to bypass saving the file. Windows, Mac and Linux PCs all have a temporary directory where files are saved when you choose to open them without saving. The OS will clear out these folders periodically based on a size limit and the age of the files. Android has a /tmp/ folder (like Linux) but it is not user accessible. As a result you will need to save it to your downloads directory before viewing.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc