Samsung Galaxy Note 4 mms size limit?

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
A lot of people are not getting pics I send them.. I'm using textra and I have it set to 2mb limit. Is that to high it's mostly going from my phone to an I phone.. my phone can read my fingerprint but can't send a larger results pic?

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: mms size limit?

MMS size limits are carrier dependent. I have AT&T, and their limit is 600 KB.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

2 MB may be too high. Try 1 MB or less.

Also it's not your phone.. It's your carrier with the restriction.

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

Yeah I know it's the carrier who limits it. I think it's funny that we can stream movies or music and they put a cap on messaging pictures or short videos.. I will lower it and test it out..

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Only way I found around it is whatsapp. Not only will it let you send larger size pictures, it sends them in better quality.

Problem is the person your sending the pictures to have to have whatsapp installed also. It's free first year and buck year after that

donas2000

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

A lot of people are not getting pics I send them.. I'm using textra and I have it set to 2mb limit. Is that to high it's mostly going from my phone to an I phone.. my phone can read my fingerprint but can't send a larger results pic?

I use textra as well and I'm on Verizon, that app would not work for me with the max limit selected - had to be 1mb or less

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Haven't tried Verizon but I set my to 1mb and so far so good. Just not sure of the pic quality on the other end.. zo6 Mike are in Michigan by any chance?

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Haven't tried Verizon but I set my to 1mb and so far so good. Just not sure of the pic quality on the other end.. zo6 Mike are in Michigan by any chance?

Nope, I'm a long way away from there! I'm in Texas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781