Screen Issue: Worrying loss of touch sensitivity and accuracy at the uppermost part of the screen

lpcs1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Okay so i've been using my Note 4 for about 3 weeks now and in the last few days I have had trouble opening the thin notification bar at the top of the screen. So either my fingers have gotten bigger or the screen has gotten less sensitive. When i'm on the home screen i keep opening the weather app (just under the notification bar ) instead of it. I sometimes have to use the s pen to deploy the bar or minimize apps. Did this occur to anyone else ? Does someone know what might be causing this issue?

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Since that's right where your ear would hit the screen while on the phone, it may just be dirty. I've had touchscreen issues with phones over time due just to oil build-up. I would get a microfiber cloth and some electronics cleaning spray and give that a shot.

lpcs1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I tried everything... even got the cleaning spray.

It's as though the 2 millimeters of screen at the top crucial to properly open the notification bar just lost most of its sensitivity... I'm seriously thinking of returning it.

Maybe I should record a video of me trying to open the bar... it's like trying to sweep grease off a plate with chocolate..