Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Handwriting to text

Fabian Blandford

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I remember my Note 2 could change my freehand writing into text, but I cannot find how to do it on my Note 4?

Also my GPS Location keeps turning itself off ... so i take photos and find it didn't record the GPS location ... I have to switch it on again.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Handwriting to text

Are you talking about in S Note or do you mean the keyboard handwriting pad or Direct Pen Input?

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Handwriting to text

In S-Note you can toggle that with the "T" icon that appears when you hover the S-Pen over the page. You can also do this in some messenger apps and email apps. Hovering the S-Pen over the text input field will bring up the "T" icon. Tap that and write away.

In other applications, you can use the Samsung Keyboard to do written to text conversion. Long press the Settings key on the Samsung keyboard, (the microphone icon key to the left of the space key) and choose the text input icon. The keyboard will disappear and a writing space will replace it.

Alilagan

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
When I hit the T, it just pulls up the normal keyboard, tried hovering pen over it no luck. Any chance you could post a SS and tell me what I'm missing or something? I know how to select with the lasso or a rectangle and then hit and convert, etc. but that is incredibly unwieldy and seems odd that they would take a step BACK from the note 3 automatically doing it.

*update* found it, had to long press on the mic/settings button that pops up with the keyboard and then do it there. hit that T and i was good.

Michael Cha

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
So there's a few third party handwriting keyboards that are pretty useful, most notably MyScript Stylus and DioPen Script. IMO they work better than the handwriting keyboard on the Samsung default keyboard.

Alicia Choy

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I just switch from Note 2 to Note 4 and I love using the S Note for notes taking using the handwriting to convert to Text. However, my phone is not possible to display the text. My friend got the same phone as mine, her's got no problem. I try to set the same setting but it still did not appear in the text box. Why? Do I need to enable some other settings? Please help.

JW17

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
So I just got the new Note 5 and the S note write to text is totally impossible to make happen. It's simply not accessible by any of the imput choices. Can you advise me?

B Smith2

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
In case you are talking about Handwriting to Text not working. I.E. You handwrite something but it doesn't get converted to text, when using the samsung keyboard.

I had this problem. I restarted my phone and it started working. Also, I had two languages installed for the samsung keyboard. English US and English UK. I had it on English UK originally. Then I had switched it to English US. Rebooted. Then it started working. Now I'm back to English UK, and hand writing to text still works.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01