Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Rooted, tons of Lag and freezing

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey All.

Sprint Galaxy note 4 here, Rooted with TWRP. Still on the stock rom i have NOT installed any roms yet, all i've done is root...

I'm experiencing freezing while typing and just general usage like every minute the whole phone just freezes... -_-

On XDA everyone says to get wanam xposed and disable secure storage.. i've done that and it doesn't fix a thing.

Anyone else having this issue? got any ideas?

Tical

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Rooted, tons of Lag and freezing

Briefly had the same problem. The disable secure storage inside of wanam didn't work for me, but doing it manually did. Not sure if you know how to do it, but here it is for you and/or anyone who finds this via search.

Uninstall Wanam and Xposed Framework
Reboot
Edit build.prop from "securestorage.support=true" to "securestorage.support=false"
Clear data on 'S-Health' app (another issue that you may not have seen yet from this same problem)
Reboot
Reinstall Xposed framework and wanam
Reboot

This should remove the lag and also allow S-Health to work correctly, should you use it.

There is also a "XSecureStorage" module you can install for xposed that should do the same thing, but I didn't try that route, since the component of Wanam didn't work for me. If you go that route, would be interested in your results. Good luck!

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

I rooted an android once. Lost my kernel and I had many problems like that. Once I got everything fixed by trolling XDA day and night I finally got a good kernel. Then it always said "root shell user agreement" but it did work. All I can say is troll XDA until u find What u need. U are going to have to flash ur rom...i dont remeber the name of the program for ur laptop, but i had to use laptop to flash rom on my phone. I hope that's Not your primary phone. I had to live with mine till the new contract. A very long 18 months! Time to pull favors from friends. If I come up with the program I will post it here unless this is Not allowed in here . I'm Not sure about that.

Posted via the Android Central App

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

For freezing while typing with the stock keyboard I noticed that by disabling the top three options in the predictive text section things improved. Eventually I moved on to SwiftKey though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084