Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Voice Search "Ok Google"

StumpyDaGr8

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just got the phone yesterday and was reading tips on the phone and came across one I though was very cool, the ability to use "Ok Google" on any screen and even when the screen is off in the Language and Input>Voice Search>Ok Google Detection and I turned it On tested it and was working then last night it just stopped working, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Now when I go back to turn it on the option is grayed out and says my current language doesn't support the feature. I tried changing my language to other English versions but none of it helped. Any suggestions? Thank you.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Voice Search "Ok Google"

Hi,

I just got the phone yesterday and was reading tips on the phone and came across one I though was very cool, the ability to use "Ok Google" on any screen and even when the screen is off in the Language and Input>Voice Search>Ok Google Detection and I turned it On tested it and was working then last night it just stopped working, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Now when I go back to turn it on the option is grayed out and says my current language doesn't support the feature. I tried changing my language to other English versions but none of it helped. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Thank you for pointing out those settings. I had to redo my speech to get it to finally work. I didn't know we had this with the Note. It was automatic with the Droid Maxx.

StumpyDaGr8

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

i dont think you can uninstall the voice search... only option is to factory reset but dont wanna go that route

anyone else have any suggestions? TIA

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I had something smmilar, with the Google search listen options disabled. I had to re-enable S-Voice back and forth, and they came back. But since then, even with Google set ri listen everywhere, it only works on the Google Now screen.

Also, I now see a very long (5+second) delay on bringing up Settings under Google Now.

BTW, is "OK, Google" working for you on the Google Now screen?

Last edited:

StumpyDaGr8

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

that worked it was because i had disabled S Voice(pretty stupid that one would affect the other) after re-enabling it it kinda frooze my phone had to reboot and when it turned back on it was working

"Ok, Google" works everywhere now including the Google Now screen... thanx a lot

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

... only works on the Google Now screen.

Also, I now see a very long (5+second) delay on bringing up Settings under Google Now.

Resetting "Audio History" helped in getting OK Google work outside Now.

Still was getting 5+ seconds wait to get Settings under Google Now (blank black screen in the wait).

What really helped (fully resolved) was going to Application Manager, "Turn Off" Google Search, "Turn Off" S-Voice, "Turn On" Google Voice. Now "OK Google" and Google Now are fully reliable and quickly responsive.

Not 100% sure I needed all that rest, but these steps finally have things working without the laggy response and slow Settings. Hope it helps someone else seeing same issues.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles