Samsung Galaxy Note 4 What is the best alternative to the gmail app?

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I just cannot stand the gmail app which I have to use for work and personal. I can deal with personal gmail but I cannot for work with the group conversations they do so large and take so long to open and crash and crash and crash when they are too large.

Please help... what is the best alt? I tried to use sammy stock app but I cannot get that to setup with my corp email. I also tried boomerang but didnt like that [no calendar function] and i couldnt find a way to ungroup the conversations.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: What is the best alternative to the gmail app?

If it's for a Gmail/Google Apps account, there's really not much better. For Exchange, I recommend Nine.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Gmail app and Inbox are pretty solid apps for just Gmail use.

If you're using Exchange, the stock app isn't terrible. I haven't used K9 in a few years, but it used to be a really solid app. I hear great things about Touchdown, but I have never personally used it.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I use the stock email app for my gmail and it works fine. I don't like the gmail app at all.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

I use the stock email app for my gmail and it works fine. I don't like the gmail app at all.

I don't either. It looks good but it's functionality is horrid. I don't know about you but on mine, if I slide to delete, it stays there until I touch another email. And when I do that, it opens that email. So I have to back out and do it again. It's a real PAIN!

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

T H A N K S for the feedback! If I am understanding correctly if its for Gmail/Google Apps account: then there isnt anything else I can use? : (

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I just cannot stand the gmail app which I have to use for work and personal. I can deal with personal gmail but I cannot for work with the group conversations they do so large and take so long to open and crash and crash and crash when they are too large.

Please help... what is the best alt? I tried to use sammy stock app but I cannot get that to setup with my corp email. I also tried boomerang but didnt like that [no calendar function] and i couldnt find a way to ungroup the conversations.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Inbox by Google.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

The best overall email app for multiple accounts is Aquamail.

Posted via the Android Central App

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

i loaded it and it said right there its not for use with google apps [which is sync for outlook that my company uses] they recently dropped using exchange.

i did find an app called aqua mail which doesnt group the conversation which is helping me. i like that alot! not sure if its a good solution yet but its working ok so far.

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

you can use ANY email app for gmail accounts

I cannot get stock to work with my work account. it doesnt have a gmail.com ending it is my companies email address used through google syn or whatever its called. it doesnt work with touchdown that I love so what you say isnt correct.

thebear

May 31, 2011
Visit site

I agree with a couple others that aquamail is the best I have used. Well worth the money!

Upstate Dunadan

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

I too can't stand Gmail and the default Exchange app.

The best that I've found is MailWise.

Responds quickly, easy to change accounts and delete or move mail, and it does a nice job grouping email and stripping out all the clutter you may not need to see.

Posted via the Android Central App

johnnylighton

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I have nine accounts including one Gmail account and love MailDroid. It's bulletproof. Rock solid. Expensive, but there's a free version to try it out with reduced features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith