Anyone go from Note 3 to Note 4

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I switched carriers and got the Note 4 because of the $200 preorder promo. My 64 year old eyes don't see any difference with the screen, so I bought another Note 3 and am plenty happy to stay with it until the Note 5 or better comes out.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I switched carriers and got the Note 4 because of the $200 preorder promo. My 64 year old eyes don't see any difference with the screen, so I bought another Note 3 and am plenty happy to stay with it until the Note 5 or better comes out.
Really? Color accuracy is way better on the note 4 compared to note 3

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Really? Color accuracy is way better on the note 4 compared to note 3

I'm sure that's true. It's just that at my age, cataracts are starting, so I can't even tell much difference between regular, HD, and 4K TV. Getting old isn't for sissies! :-X

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure that's true. It's just that at my age, cataracts are starting, so I can't even tell much difference between regular, HD, and 4K TV. Getting old isn't for sissies! :-X
Honestly I loved the note 3 but after having the note 4 I can't go back. The metal frame is pretty amazing in your hands

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I loved the note 3 but after having the note 4 I can't go back. The metal frame is pretty amazing in your hands

Well, I'm always afraid I'll drop my phone, so I don't dare to carry my phone naked. I don't like to see myself or anyone my age naked either! ;)

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
As stated in previous posts it is subjective.
Its is based on affordability for one. Its is based on what you are looking for. For me this is why I switched from note 3 to 4 after a year.
The screen is amazing and yes it is very very noticeable difference. The build quality is superior when held in the hand. Although the N3 was nice, when I switched from iPhone to N3 that was the only gripe I had was the plastic frame. Now its a premium build. Although I use Nova now, I used touchwiz on the N4 for a month and actually loved it! unlike the N3. New multitasking is amazing and I use it more than N3. The battery life is consistent from day to day and better than my note 3 by a mile. The look feel, performance is overall better and it was worth the 825 I spent off contract to get it. I got 200 trade in for an old phone at best buy. When I got home it took me about 4 days to realize I made the right decision. What I realize is that the Note experience is subjective and that it seems that no two phones operate the same. My experience with the N3 was all over the place some good some bad while others it was perfect. The things I didn't like about the N3 are all gone in the N4 and I am extremely happy. By the way I kept the N3 and still use over WiFi at home. I will also use the N3 as a trade for the N5.

Posted via the Android Central App

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to know if anyone here has done it and if it's worth it.....

Thanks all

I went from the Note 3 to the Note 4. The battery lift is a lot better on the 4 and the screen is a little sharper. There could be other things that I haven't tried yet. I think the next big thing that is coming will be the 64 Bit CPU that is in the pipe line. The S 6 will have a 64 Bit CPU.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I went from the Note 3 to the Note 4. The battery lift is a lot better on the 4 and the screen is a little sharper. There could be other things that I haven't tried yet. I think the next big thing that is coming will be the 64 Bit CPU that is in the pipe line. The S 6 will have a 64 Bit CPU.

The Exynos 7 Note 4 is 64bit just isn't enabled as of yet.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Just shows you have subjective comments and opinions can be, and they all be correct.

I am 74 years old, and I went from the Note 3 to the Note 4, and screen is one of the differences I do see. Sure, the Note 3 screen is so sharp it cuts you, but the Note 4 screen is so sharp it not only cuts you, it makes you bleed real blood. :D

I will admit, the jump from the Note 3 to the Note 4 is not gigantic, for the simple reason, the Note 3 is still going strong. Hard to improve on an almost perfect phone. The Note 4 added some increases, not much, but they are there. I am a happy camper and as soon as Samsung mentions a Note 5, I want it! :D

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You probably either have a bad phone or just don't know how to use it. I don't intend to sound like a jerk but I went from the 3 to the 4 and I LOVE it. Everything is better and I had no problems with the 3 until KitKatKilled it. You probably just don't know what all to shut off yet etc. You'll find a lot of people who say similar to this so it's not the phone unless it actually is "broken" but that's pretty rare. If you make them swap it out you'll know though...

do you think i got a bad phone? should I get another note 4? I really really really want to love this phone and I do lover certain things about it, especially the metal casing.

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the Edge and not the 4, but same difference performance-wise. I had Notes 1-3 and while the Note 3 was my favorite, I would have to say the performance and refinement upgrades are pretty substantial and worth doing the upgrade to the Note 4.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® Edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The Exynos 7 Note 4 is 64bit just isn't enabled as of yet.

Eh I'll take 32bit snapdragon 805 over the exynos CPUs any day of the week. If they ever use that in American phones I'll never get another Samsung device ever . All things being equal between the nexus 6 and note 4 hardware wise other hen removable battery and micro sd card and the great camera of the note 4 made me get a note 4. Should they add the exynos cpu I would look elsewhere

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I noticed my Note 4's Bluetooth range isn't as good as what my Note 3's range was. I could have my Note 3 about 25' away and I'd still get a good signal. With the Note 4 I get a lot of dropout.