Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Looking at smart watches

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Looking at smart watches

I have the original Gear and the Note 4. I absolutely love it, the notifications are outstanding it makes the battery last as I don't bring out the phone that much.

BaldwiJ7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I am looking at the pebble steel or the Samsung gear 2

Does anyone have any experience using either of them and how do they work? I have the note 4.
I have the original Pebble. It works great with the Note 4. The Pebble gets 5-7 days of battery life. I like being able to see texts as well as send quick replies.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 4

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

Look elsewhere. Have u consdered the 360. I have had both the pebble and gear 2. Hands down the Moto 360 is a better experience. It rocks. Works great with the note.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Look elsewhere. Have u consdered the 360. I have had both the pebble and gear 2. Hands down the Moto 360 is a better experience. It rocks. Works great with the note.

How's the battery life on the 360? I'm getting about 2 days on a charge on my Gear 1.

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
+1. On the Original Gear as well and its perfect for multiple notifications. Touch the phone 1/3 the time which is helpful with a large volume of work email...

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
How does the Galaxy S compare to the 360? I am also debating on watches.

I have both and they are great watches must say the S is in a class by itself. The 360 is android wear looks great and is great for notifications and does that well but the S has all the bells and whistles. Which ever one you decide you will be happy. If any one is interested i am selling my moto 360 and gear 2 both are in great shape pm me.

Posted via the Android Central App

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Right now I'm deciding between the pebble steel and moto 360. Ruled out the Samsung gear 2 because it requires you to use stock messenger and stock email for it to work. I use k-9 for email and hoverchat for texting. Trying to find out if the moto has same requirement.

flexfield

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Right now I'm deciding between the pebble steel and moto 360. Ruled out the Samsung gear 2 because it requires you to use stock messenger and stock email for it to work. I use k-9 for email and hoverchat for texting. Trying to find out if the moto has same requirement.

Can you share your findings if any one of those works with non stock email and text apps? Interested as well, thx!

Posted via the Android Central App

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
My original Gear allows me to see email from different email clients and I also get alerts from Hangouts and see the message as well. What I can't do is send texts via voice through Hangouts I have to use the text message app on the watch.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My original Gear allows me to see email from different email clients and I also get alerts from Hangouts and see the message as well. What I can't do is send texts via voice through Hangouts I have to use the text message app on the watch.
Can you use any text app on your phone? I'm ok with using the stock messaging on the watch, I just want to use hoverchat and k-9 on my phone and still get messages sent to the watch and reply thru the watch.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Can you use any text app on your phone? I'm ok with using the stock messaging on the watch, I just want to use hoverchat and k-9 on my phone and still get messages sent to the watch and reply thru the watch.
I have the Gear S. You CAN NOT reply text and email messages on the watch, you can only read and dismiss them, but the stock apps you can. A way around it for the time being is on Opera Mini, the web browser. So once you get a quick notification via a beep or vibration, you can then web browse, and reply there.

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can on the phone. I used the Google Messenger app that I side loaded on the phone. I don't use the Samsung email app I use Bluemail and the email notifications show up on the original Gear running Tizen. Flesky messenger on the watch allows you to use a keyboard on the watch itself to send sms messages that go through your sms client.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well that puts the gear 2 back in the table. I thought you had to use the stock email and text messaging on the phone to. I'm ok with stock on the watch only. Thanks

I was looking at the Samsung s, but if there is no reply in that, not interested.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Is there a reason I should spend double the money for gear 2 over the original one
If you are willing to buy used, you can get a gear 2 in very good condition for $130 from amazon.

The gear 2 feels much better on the hand. Substantially lighter and wraps around your wrist better since it doesn't have the camera in the strap. You also get ip67 vs ip55,which is a big difference imo. And hrm and ir.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4