Strange Download on the Verizon Galaxy Note 4!

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this morning that I had a strange download from Google play. I didn't install it.It was just loaded to my phone. Has anyone else notice this?

ccc5ff34ce3150eb2d93511f08c063c4.jpg

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!

Last edited:

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't disagree but also someone said on XDA this might be a way to block root exploits on an on-going basis so if anyone is waiting for that you may not want to do this. Not sure I am but it makes sense...

It is a security policy update. Those don't get tossed out there for fun.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Well, if that is the reason for not doing it, I understand that. But not doing it out of unknown fear is not valid.

Having said that, it is certainly possible that Verizon and other carriers may try to foil rooting in this matter.

But nobody has managed to root a VZ Note 4 yet, have they?

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
XDA said Developer Edition but not Retail. And except for the root question which I haven't decided I agree but I WAS concerned until I could read about it in Google Play. All the other random notifications explained nothing about it anywhere. At least in Play they say what it is. If there is no nefarious or privacy-related purpose it seems to me like something they should just do and not tell us OR give us the right to just completely reject it. I don't like things that just sit in update if I don't want them.

Well, if that is the reason for not doing it, I understand that. But not doing it out of unknown fear is not valid.

Having said that, it is certainly possible that Verizon and other carriers may try to foil rooting in this matter.

But nobody has managed to root a VZ Note 4 yet, have they?