Netflix glitch/freezing

dlaluan

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, so please forgive me if it has. I recently purchased a Note 4 this week and was wondering if anyone else has had problems with Netflix. Within seconds of streaming a video, it will glitch and then freeze, but the sound will continue. I've already uninstalled/reinstalled, cleared cache/data, etc., but still no luck.

Any idea what might be causing this or if this is simply an app issue? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

MadMaxZulu55

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, so please forgive me if it has. I recently purchased a Note 4 this week and was wondering if anyone else has had problems with Netflix. Within seconds of streaming a video, it will glitch and then freeze, but the sound will continue. I've already uninstalled/reinstalled, cleared cache/data, etc., but still no luck.

Any idea what might be causing this or if this is simply an app issue? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

This morning the same problem with Netflix...My Sprint Note4 on Wi-Fi works about four minutes then freezes but still have sound. If I rewind 30 sec it will play again for about four minutes an freeze the rewind again. GF has a T-Mobile Note 4 on the same WiFi without this problem.
Any ideas?

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi mate,

I had a similar experience with my Note 4 when I got it. Tell me this, did you come from another Samsung and use Smart Switch to transfer your data and wifi connection data to your new phone. I found that forgetting the old connection and re-adding the wifi connection fixed the problem for me. Hope it sorts it for you.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(2353369)

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with Netflix also when I sign in it will keep signing in but it won't go to the main menu of Netflix

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dlaluan

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi mate,

I had a similar experience with my Note 4 when I got it. Tell me this, did you come from another Samsung and use Smart Switch to transfer your data and wifi connection data to your new phone. I found that forgetting the old connection and re-adding the wifi connection fixed the problem for me. Hope it sorts it for you.

No, I actually came from a Nexus 5. Thanks for the suggestion though. I will give it a shot.

NickyJames

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm also having this problem. T-Mobile Note 4. It's pretty problematic. Stoked for new huge screen to watch netflix. Netflix doesn't work properly. really bummed.

Coolboy32

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem on my T-Mobile Note 4 on wifi, I can watch a movie or show for 13 minutes then the video stops but the sound continues, I hit the 30 second rewind and its back to normal, then 13 minutes later it freezes again. I have to repeat this process to get through a movie and for me its always at every 13 minutes.. Its been like this for me since day 1 even with all the newer Netflix updates.

yoshi351

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem with YouTube as well. Freezes but audio is still going. I have note edge. I using cellular data.

Truth Sayer

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Got it to work! I turned off Wi-Fi, ran a video on 4G...it ran fine. I turned Wi-Fi back on and I'm 10 minutes in and counting without an issue.

thompsong89

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a note 4 on Verizon. I have the same issue on both Netflix and YouTube, but the video freeze happens after about only 10 seconds. It's terrible. I will test on 4G and see if the issue persists.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
So is this a phone problem or an app problem. Both Netflix and youtube freeze for me but the audio still plays. It's ridiculous! Another reason why I favor my iPhone devices over anything else. IT JUST WORKS!

It's obviously a case of the app not playing nice with the software on the device. Guess that's what you get when there aren't any standards set in place.

So how do we go about fixing this? Email Netflix devs, youtube devs? Google? Samsung?

tlo12duro

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issues on Netflix and the YouTube app. I'll start a show and after a few mins the picture freezes and the audio continues. Could this be an issue with the current TouchWiz or operating software?

Ryan Onopa

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I specifically bought a bigger phone to watch Netflix and youtube. I'm very frustrated with this and hope it gets resolved quickly. Tmobile note 4 here. Netflix will work for 45 seconds then freeze video but audio works. Most annoying thing ever!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc