Switching Carriers

StumpyDaGr8

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I have Sprint and I know in the past I was not able to switch to another carrier as it is a CDMA carrier but I was playing with my phone and saw a setting to change it to GSM and I know there is also a Sim Card slot... would i be able to switch to another carrier? TIA

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately you can't because the phone is locked to Sprint. Your phone does have the GSM radios in it that are required for a GSM network but it won't allow any other SIM due to the lock. Sprint won't unlock it either. They say only for international use.

StumpyDaGr8

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately you can't because the phone is locked to Sprint. Your phone does have the GSM radios in it that are required for a GSM network but it won't allow any other SIM due to the lock. Sprint won't unlock it either. They say only for international use.

thanx a lot, thats what i though but just wanted to make sure in case something changed... appreciate the help

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have Sprint and I know in the past I was not able to switch to another carrier as it is a CDMA carrier but I was playing with my phone and saw a setting to change it to GSM and I know there is also a Sim Card slot... would i be able to switch to another carrier? TIA

First question is do you own your phone outright or are you paying installments? I was with Sprint for 9 years and got sick of the poor service, despite their good customer service. I had a Note 3, through their One Up plan (installments). I bit the bullet and paid off the remaining cost, took it to T-Mobile, traded it in on a Note 4 and made the switch. I put down enough to exceed half the cost of the N4, and enrolled in their Jump plan (which includes insurance and mobile security, as well as being able to change my phone whenever I want). It's well worth the $10/mo. charge. I couldn't be happier! I have excellent coverage, a fast network, a great phone, and really great customer service. Plus, I don't have a contract. I would recommend following my lead.

StumpyDaGr8

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
First question is do you own your phone outright or are you paying installments? I was with Sprint for 9 years and got sick of the poor service, despite their good customer service. I had a Note 3, through their One Up plan (installments). I bit the bullet and paid off the remaining cost, took it to T-Mobile, traded it in on a Note 4 and made the switch. I put down enough to exceed half the cost of the N4, and enrolled in their Jump plan (which includes insurance and mobile security, as well as being able to change my phone whenever I want). It's well worth the $10/mo. charge. I couldn't be happier! I have excellent coverage, a fast network, a great phone, and really great customer service. Plus, I don't have a contract. I would recommend following my lead.

thanx for the info lucky you i havent had good service or good customer service from Sprint though for the service having spark has helped a bit

i brought the phone so am on contract but of course i can switch to T-Mobile but i prefer paying for a phone outright vs the installments... blah

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
thanx for the info lucky you i havent had good service or good customer service from Sprint though for the service having spark has helped a bit

i brought the phone so am on contract but of course i can switch to T-Mobile but i prefer paying for a phone outright vs the installments... blah
You can buy outright from TMO. They'll give you $350 for switching. Plus, no contract. Their plans are good too. Sprint should have gone to LTE from the start rather than screwing around with WiMax.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

You can most definitely buy the T-Mobile phone outright, so don't let that stop you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2