Does it really matter if you turn the phone on right when u take it out of the box?

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Does it really matter if you turn the phone on right when u take it out of the box? i read in the manual to fully charge your device before turning it on and i accidently pressed the power button when i took it out the box but turned it off right away :(

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Nothing to worry about. The main reason they say that is because of all the downloading and updating and battery draining activity typically going on when you first set up your phone. Batteries typically ship at 40% charge so it's easy to run it down quickly when you first use it. The other reason is that it helps calibrate the battery properly. But nothing bad is going to happen.

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Use the charger to charge the battery before using it for the first time thats what the manual said so it really worried me :/

bapte

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
It's just lithium ion batteries. Use, charge, dispose. Brand new it is 20-30 dollars. Worrying about fully charging it before use for the first time is very futile.

These batteries are so new it really does not matter. If storing the batteries for a long period of time, then maybe u would want to store them at a certain charge to prolong its life. But otherwise just charge and use, or use and charge.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I saw the thread title and before I understood the whole question I wondered...Have we reached the singularity? Does it KNOW it is out of the box?

But yeah...not only are the others right, if you got it in a store they'd pull it out and turn it on right then anyway...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz