Should I get a Note 3 or a Note 4?

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I considered the Note 3 when getting ready to move on from my S3. Ultimately it just made sense to go whole hog or don't bother. Save what you gotta, or sell what you're not using and get the Note 4. That's what I would do.

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I was upgrading from the s4 and was debating between the note 3 and 4. I ultimately went with the note 4 when I realized that most of the note 3's specs (screen resolution, camera) were the same as the s4.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I was upgrading from the s4 and was debating between the note 3 and 4. I ultimately went with the note 4 when I realized that most of the note 3's specs (screen resolution, camera) were the same as the s4.

Thinking of the Note 3 as a bigger S4 helped be settle on the Note 4 as well. When the S4 same out I was totally uninterested, having an S3 at the time.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I went from a Note 2 to Note 4 and wow the build quality difference is huge. This is the first android phone apart from HTC where I have said ya this is "Apple" build quality. I would watch for deals if your in no hurry. I would think before the end of the year you might see a sale. At black Friday on Verizon they were $100 off normal prices.

I am of the opinion that for a 2 year contract you should buy the best phone you can afford, because in 2 years things will have changed, etc. That use to be really true, and specs for phones have leveled out but to a degree I think it still holds true.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Got $55.00 out of selling some old schoolbooks I found in my garage.. I'll have $150 saved up by the end of the year, and also my old Iphone4 (in great condition due to being in otterbox commuter or defender for 2.5 years) is worth $30.00 trade in value. So $55 + $150 + $30 = $235.00 I have on me by December 31st. So $323 (Note 4 two year contract) - $235.00 = $88.00 short o_O

Maybe I can do some kinda odd job or rake a bunch of leaves to make up for the rest haha. Wish I had a more valuable old phone to trade in, probably would have made up that difference quite easily.. probably just end up getting it in January or February.

I haven't seen any of my friends/family or even just random people to own this phone in real life, so it'll be cool to be different from everyone else . A lot of students at my college have iPhones , same with my old college. If you were curious I'm a first semester graduate student, ready for the holidays. Thursday (last exam) can't come soon enough!

Way to go! You'll be happy

Posted via Android Central App

AnimeKing

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Ended up getting the white Note 4 from AT&T yesterday! It's definitely a huge phone compared to anything I ever had before (Iphone 4, Iphone 3gs , very basic touchscreen phone a while ago, motorola razor from mid 2000's, other little flip phones) . I have fairly small hands for a man (5'5''), but I haven't had much of a problem using the whole screen.

Apparently the vast majority of the pants I wear the pockets are pretty deep so no problem carrying it, just have to make sure I don't let things or people bump into my upper right leg where I carry my phone :p . I'm getting a Otterbox Defender case for it hopefully on Christmas day, but if not then in a week or two..

Its was pretty easy to transfer all of my music from itunes with the android file transfer program (I have a 2012 Macbook pro computer).

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 is still very new so there are a few things for Samsung to fix up. I would have stayed with the 3 but after a year it would not make calls and the T-mobile guys couldn't fix it. Would lean towards the Note 3 if I were you because of price and it will still be a great phone a year from now.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 is still very new so there are a few things for Samsung to fix up. I would have stayed with the 3 but after a year it would not make calls and the T-mobile guys couldn't fix it. Would lean towards the Note 3 if I were you because of price and it will still be a great phone a year from now.

Your Note 3 wouldn't make calls after one year and nobody could fix it, then you're recommending the op to go for one? If I only got a year out of a Note 3 I'd definitely be looking elsewhere!

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Your Note 3 wouldn't make calls after one year and nobody could fix it, then you're recommending the op to go for one? If I only got a year out of a Note 3 I'd definitely be looking elsewhere!

Just because someone had a defective Note 3 doesn't mean that every Note 3 is defective.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21