Tips & Tricks + bypassing the 3 finger scan limit.

amarro

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't know about you guys but since I returned the iPhone 6+ I had for less than 24 hours and got the Note 4 (I don't know what I was thinking trying ios again, I need my widgets) I've been soaking up whatever tips and tricks I can find. I've found some really useful ones but I didn't see the one I just stumbled across.

I love the new fingerprint scanner, I was coming from the S5 and frankly that scanner was awful. I was constantly having to scan my thumb over and over until eventually I had to enter in my password. But this new scanner on the Note 4 is incredible, I rarely have to scan my finger more than once. The only issue I have with it is the three finger limit. Though I typically only use my thumb and first finger, there have been times I've wanted to use others. Painting with my daughter and I have only my pinky clean, cooking and I want to reach over and unlock it with my left hand, or various other reasons. It's simply more convenient to be able to use any finger to unlock it and I just realized it is possible.

I'm sorry if this has already been posted but to anyone who maybe hasn't seen it here's how you do it; Each time you're ask to scan your finger 10 times, scan as many fingers as you want. I prefer to do three fingers each 3 times plus one extra. I have six fingers scanned and I haven't had any issues with the scanner not recognizing any of my fingers.

I'm still looking for all the tips and tricks I can find, so what are some of your favorites? Thanks for reading! I hope this trick can be useful for someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34