Display dim

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys i recently picked up my note 4 loving it so far! however i noticed something strange not sure if it's a bug in the O.S. I have my phone in power saving and my display in the middle with auto check marked. For some odd reason when it's dark it's not able to adjust the brightness itself I have to always manual change it myself? when I took off power saving it's fine. I know on my Samsung S4 it doesn't do that when i have power saving mode. Any ideas what else it could be? It would be kinda silly having to turn of power saving mode when it suppose to help reduce power consumption.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys i recently picked up my note 4 loving it so far! however i noticed something strange not sure if it's a bug in the O.S. I have my phone in power saving and my display in the middle with auto check marked. For some odd reason when it's dark it's not able to adjust the brightness itself I have to always manual change it myself? when I took off power saving it's fine. I know on my Samsung S4 it doesn't do that when i have power saving mode. Any ideas what else it could be? It would be kinda silly having to turn of power saving mode when it suppose to help reduce power consumption.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

With Power Saving on your display brightness should still be handled automatically, but it adjusts all of the brightness levels down significantly. I find that it's OK in dark environments but can be too dark to see well in brighter environments.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, adjusting the display brightness is one of the primary ways that Power Saving mode saves power. It does throttle performance to an extent as well but realistically it's not going to make nearly as much of a difference as the reduced display brightness unless you're using performance intensive apps that will really suffer from the power saving mode. If you want to keep the throttled performance you can always manage the display brightness manually while leaving Power Saving enabled.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Power saving always dims it some for me. It is trying to use less power so that is why it does it. Try it for awhile without PS mode on and see if it changes.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
ya So far turning off the power saving mode does the trick I leave the display in the middle and check automatic.