Trying to purchase Note 4 Need some advise Best Way Keep Unlimited

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I have Verizon with unlimited data, I have 2 extra lines which I used to upgrade without losing my unlimited. We all know that Verizon change this loophole, now I want to buy the Note 4 at full retail and then sell my Note 3. However I was thinking in terms of adding another line and get the note 4 (Black Friday the price will be $199 instead of $299 at VZW). After the 14 days policy is over cancel the line and paid the ETF, this will cost less than the $699 at full retail. $350 ETF plus the $199

Is there anything I'm missing in trying to get the note 4 this way, I know I will pay for data but it will only be for the 14 days until I cancel the line. I need some advise

Thanks in advance

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon with unlimited data, I have 2 extra lines which I used to upgrade without losing my unlimited. We all know that Verizon change this loophole, now I want to buy the Note 4 at full retail and then sell my Note 3. However I was thinking in terms of adding another line and get the note 4 (Black Friday the price will be $199 instead of $299 at VZW). After the 14 days policy is over cancel the line and paid the ETF, this will cost less than the $699 at full retail. $350 ETF plus the $199

Is there anything I'm missing in trying to get the note 4 this way, I know I will pay for data but it will only be for the 14 days until I cancel the line. I need some advise

Thanks in advance

It sounds ridiculous what you're trying to do... How much data does one really use?..

Posted via the Android Central App

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Oh trust me on this one. Security blanket has got little to nothing to do with it.

How much can one use? If using the technology not for the purposes it was intended thus avoiding the cost of employing technologies designed to suite those purposes much more efficiently, one could easily eat up 120-150 GB per month.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
It sounds ridiculous what you're trying to do... How much data does one really use?..

With this phone, it is very easy to burn data at alarming rates. Since I got it, my data usage has skyrocketed. With the new pricing, we have to watch the 15 gB threshold, because 30 gb is ridiculously expensive.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh data is super easy to use ... Super easy ... Just depends what tasks you do to determine if you're going to use a ton or not.

@iceman - Verizon - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com ----- I would suggest checking our Verizon Forums. There is a lot of information there on this subject.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Thanks in advance

Double check the ETF, they changed their policy about a week or 2 ago. I don't remember exactly what it is, but it is not near as good as your mentioning. I think the first 6 months are full device cost?????

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh trust me on this one. Security blanket has got little to nothing to do with it.

How much can one use? If using the technology not for the purposes it was intended thus avoiding the cost of employing technologies designed to suite those purposes much more efficiently, one could easily eat up 120-150 GB per month.
I'm not saying it is. Some people use alot of data. I'm saying some people like to keep it because it's worth to keep to avoid overages. The most I've used on t-mobile and AT&T with unlimited data is 7 gb myself

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Double check the ETF, they changed their policy about a week or 2 ago. I don't remember exactly what it is, but it is not near as good as your mentioning. I think the first 6 months are full device cost?????
Naa the actual ETF is the same.. Just doesn't lower it's payment till 6 months of so like before

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
"I'm not saying it is. Some people use alot of data. I'm saying some people like to keep it because it's worth to keep to avoid overages. The most I've used on t-mobile and AT&T with unlimited data is 7 gb myself"

Thats my point in a sense. You have unlimited. Will probably keep it as long as you can. But would you do all that dancing around to protect yourself against the possibility of running up to 7 GB in a month? I doubt it. Even 15 GB and more per month is not that hard to get to just using it like it was intended. But I very much suspect that those willing to dance through all kinds of hoops to keep unlimited are not using the technology as it was intended and running up 100+ GB per month in the process.

I do suspect that carriers will at some point realize that there is no eventual pay off for them in allowing a few customers to use up 50 customers worth of bandwidth per month and the downside is that it completely destroys the facade of the value of their product. Can't be that valuable if the carrier with the best coverage in the country is going to allow one customer to use 50 customers worth of bandwidth. I don't think it will be too much longer before the carriers ratchet back speed on the really heavy users.

My unlimited was running about $130 per month on Verizon. On my current plan I will pay about $130 in a 7 GB month. So as you can see the math just does not work for someone using the technology as it was intended. Dancing through all sorts of hoops works if you know you are going to crush it every month and those that do know it because they know that they are going to crush it every month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888