SMS Reader App

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am looking for recommendations on what software I can use to read my texts out-loud and allow me to respond while driving. As you know, the ATT version of the Note 4 does not have Car Mode. The main reason for me leaving iOS and going to Android was S Voice Drive Mode. Again, also absent in the ATT version. Other than the absence of Car Mode, I am super happy with my Note 4. I dont even feel a need to root.

Any app that you use and recommend? I would prefer one that you have personal experience with. I Googled and got lots of results but have not found one I like in particular. Anyone on a Note 4 know if you can extract the APK and make it available for download by others?

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I've not tried it but I think I might. Robin might be what you are looking for. I'm coming from a Droid Maxx. There are things things that I really miss about it. One of them is that my texts would come in over my speakers while I drove and I could reply by talking.

The other two things I missed I think I found solutions to tonight. Active display and rotate to activate my camera. Hope this helps!

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I use Dragon Assistant. There are two options. One is just having it read them out loud. When it reads them, you can tap the microphone and speak your reply. This one uses less battery and is what I have running all the time.

The other is "driver mode" setting. It is in addition to it reading out loud. It also is listening for you to say the "wake up" phrase. I use this when driving because it is plugged in then.

You can set it to detect when you are driving and turn on the driving mode automatically.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.nuance.balerion&token=WtZRi070

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I've not tried it but I think I might. Robin might be what you are looking for. I'm coming from a Droid Maxx. There are things things that I really miss about it. One of them is that my texts would come in over my speakers while I drove and I could reply by talking.

The other two things I missed I think I found solutions to tonight. Active display and rotate to activate my camera. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the feedback. One of the reasons I was heavily considering the Moto X was the voice commands. I would get jelly every time my friends Moto X would offer to read his texts to him.

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if Google Now is headed in this direction? It would be so awesome if they did. Only thing missing for me right now.

I will test out the two apps suggested.