Battery life sucks

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Verizon note 4 I Rock it barebone for a few days battery life was pretty good now I've the started using s-health install some apps battery life sucks any suggestions here to improve this are there any appts I should be avoiding

Posted via the Android Central App

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
What's the other apps that you installed they are probably the culprit. You can get GS battery it should show you what's draining it.

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Along with S health I've download the following appts
Android Central
BGR
Bible
Bill guard
Call control
Google Calendar
C-Net
Credit karm5
Crunchyroll
Docs to go
Dropbox
Inbox
Instagram
Facebook messager
Netflix
Google news and whether
Netflix
NFL Mobile
One drive
Outlook
Pandora
Pinterest
Power amp
shazam
Sound cloud
SwiftKey
Tune it radio pro
Umano
Google Wallet
What's up appt
Yahoo
Zdent

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Most likely it is S-Health. It tends to run in the background gathering data. I run a lot of your apps without issue.

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
So I rest the phone ran it till it charge down completely fully charge and reloaded my appts on the phone and notice the battery daring faster right away I pulled the battery out and put it back in and it stop daring as fast when I went to bed around 8 yesterday it was @ 89% when I got up in was at 87% I used it for about 10 min saw the fast drain start again. All I did was check my email and do some short web surfing. I pulled the Battery out put it back in and its been fine now.. Is this and system issue that needs to be fixed with and update or should I be looking to exchange my phone

richmasterflex

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I use S Health and battery life is still great. I also use battery hogs like Clash of Clans and Plants vs. Zombies 2. I think what works for me is restarting the phone once the battery gets around 5%. I use the battery charging kit so I just swap batteries and keep it moving. These things are like computers. You're not suppose to leave them on 24/7. Over a day and a half with each battery!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-29-09-40-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-29-09-40-27.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 166

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I use S Health and battery life is still great. I also use battery hogs like Clash of Clans and Plants vs. Zombies 2. I think what works for me is restarting the phone once the battery gets around 5%. I use the battery charging kit so I just swap batteries and keep it moving. These things are like computers. You're not suppose to leave them on 24/7. Over a day and a half with each battery!

That's funny. It's like a computer, which is why I never turn mine off. With the exception of a few power outages and vacations, my desktop computer has been on 24x7 for years in a row.

richmasterflex

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
That's funny. It's like a computer, which is why I never turn mine off. With the exception of a few power outages and vacations, my desktop computer has been on 24x7 for years in a row.

I guess that is funny...I'm laughing with my phone lasting almost two days on one battery. Hope your LeaveItOn24/7 method is working for your Note 4.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
So I rest the phone ran it till it charge down completely fully charge and reloaded my appts on the phone and notice the battery daring faster right away I pulled the battery out and put it back in and it stop daring as fast when I went to bed around 8 yesterday it was @ 89% when I got up in was at 87% I used it for about 10 min saw the fast drain start again. All I did was check my email and do some short web surfing. I pulled the Battery out put it back in and its been fine now.. Is this and system issue that needs to be fixed with and update or should I be looking to exchange my phone
If it was fine until you started using it again...what was the battery level when you started? How long were you using it? What was the level when you finished? What do you have your screen brightness set to?

Biggiefries

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
The problem is all those apps on your phone. Bad thing about apps is that they are always constantly checking for notifications and updates in the back ground. Some only do it when you are actually on your phone doing something, some do it as much as every 15mins. The more apps you download the more you will find that your battery will drain. Happens with all phones, iPhones, Androids. I'm currently on 3+ days on my current battery on my note 4, that's with moderate use and haven't even turned on UPM. Try disabling some of the bloat ware apps on your phone. This may help.

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
The battery was at 100% when I started using it again. I rest it again with no apps on it and not log into my Google account about 30 min after the re-set it started draining fast again that was with no apps on it nor was I signed into my Google account pulled the battery again and the fast draining stop

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Battery life will suck on ANY device if you have a bunch of background apps running. A better title for this thread would be "I have a lot of background apps running, please help me decide what I need to keep running in the background". I never understood why anyone would use their device to play hours and hours worth of games while keeping all their social apps set to "notify", then think their phone is garbage. It's not the device, it's the end-user.

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I did disabled all the bloat ware after I rest it just install the basic apps I use Daily the Google suite of apps Wells Fargo Android Central still having the issue also rest it ran the phone lik it was out the box still had the issue

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Okay I took the phone back up to the Verizon Store talk to the guy I purchased it from he reset it to factory and keep it in his pocket while he help another customer it drop from a 100% charge down 71% with nothing on the phone and him just walking around with it on his pocket he agreed there was definitely and issue talk to his Manger and he exchange it for and new one since I've had it less than 5 days

Biggiefries

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Has to be your phone. Take a look at my battery and this is with moderate use. Surfed a little on the net, watched a few vids on YouTube, even drew a pic or two on my S note. Plus texting and checking email.

Screenshot_2014-11-29-13-31-46.jpg

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
also, folks need to get a program like start up manager, or others that do the same thing..
You need to not allow all these programs to automatically start up every time you reboot your phone.
90% of the programs you listed have no need to automatically start up; when you use them, they will start just fine, but to have all of them running in the background, if you arent using them constantly, on start up, takes alot of battery.
Also, learn to use Greenify properly, and that makes a big difference in battery life..

Obviously, there is an issue with the OP's phone, but, in general, my suggestions should help most out alot..

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
also, folks need to get a program like start up manager, or others that do the same thing..
You need to not allow all these programs to automatically start up every time you reboot your phone.
90% of the programs you listed have no need to automatically start up; when you use them, they will start just fine, but to have all of them running in the background, if you arent using them constantly, on start up, takes alot of battery.
Also, learn to use Greenify properly, and that makes a big difference in battery life..

Obviously, there is an issue with the OP's phone, but, in general, my suggestions should help most out alot..
Apps like that are not necessary to get good battery life with this phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox