Gmail sync slowness

y2dan

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I recently purchased the Note 4 (longtime Galaxy S3 user) and I've noticed that my Gmail isn't syncing as fast as it did on my Galaxy S3. For example, if I send myself an email from my work Blackberry to my Gmail address (linked on both my Note 4 and S3), I find my S3 gets the email right away while the notification on my Note 4 appears 5-10 minutes after. It's almost like there's a longer delay in the time it takes the phone to sync with Gmail. Any idea what could be causing it? The emails should come almost instanteously on both phones - in fact, my S3 is tethered to my Note 4 while I'm doing the test.

Thanks,
Daniel

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I would like too for someone to throw more light on this scenario...Although I have more problems overall with just syncing my gmail account, and everything is checked (background app syn, gmail sync, etc), how do we know if there is a delay for push notifications?? Any settings?

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I could not find a setting. I know there used to be settings, but I think the push/ polling settings is in the regular email app, and don't apply to gmail.

I did a test on mine, and set an email from my personal domain (using my PC), to my gmail account, and it arrived on my Note 4 in 6 seconds. Its possible that maybe your being delayed on the internet somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty