Flashing location symbol

Alchemist3811

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello forum a newbie here. I have had my Note 4 for a while now and it's great. I am noticing the location symbol flashing in the left upper corner of the phone every now and then when I'm using certain apps or sometimes without any app opened. When I clicked it it shows an app called "Unified Daemon". I don't mind the app working but is there a way to disable the flashing location symbol? Just want to hide it cos it's a bit distracting when I use my phone. Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Posted via the Android Central App

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello forum a newbie here. I have had my Note 4 for a while now and it's great. I am noticing the location symbol flashing in the left upper corner of the phone every now and then when I'm using certain apps or sometimes without any app opened. When I clicked it it shows an app called "Unified Daemon". I don't mind the app working but is there a way to disable the flashing location symbol? Just want to hide it cos it's a bit distracting when I use my phone. Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Hi there, if you long press the Location button in the pull down shade, you can change the setting from High Accuracy to Power Saving. I think this will reduce the flashing symbol in your notification bar. Alternatively you can just turn off the Location toggle in the pull down shade, but you'll lose location based app functionality in, for example, your weather app. On a side note, I'm not 100% sure what the Unified Daemon app does but it was running in the background when I was roaming on holiday in the UK and it used a load of data costing me a fortune in roaming charges. I turned it off when I noticed it and haven't noticed any downsides. I just disabled background data in Data Usage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy