Question for moderator: Why can't we have different Note 4 forums for the different carriers?

only foryou

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Don't do that please.. Let every one know each others problems and help each other.. Something work for some one for a different reason which would work for some one too.. Is all about note 4.. Do you note?

Posted via the Android Central App

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I personally have mixed feelings about such fragmentation. It often creates too many parallel discussions like "show me your home screen" in every fragment.

If the sub-threads were actually kept to carrier specific discussion it would work. Doesn't usually happen though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
There's always a good argument for and against such move which is understandable.

IMHO, I think separate forums will lead to many duplicate threads just like starbuckk said. What I think need to be done is to group threads into different categories eg. Having a main category for general issues another for, questions, tips, development or root etc.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Rally Android

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps just have a sub-forum for carrier specific questions. If possible maybe have a bullet that makes you chose what carrier is the thread for before one can post so we don't have to ask for what carrier are they asking about.

only foryou

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
oh god.. people, stop this divide and make easy policy, there are very good discussions, what is wrong in trying those? may be you will get some info which you were missing? i found this community very helpful since i joined it... i have searched for few topics and posted few threads, and came up with many solutions and experminted with two to three options and saw which fit well.. This is where all the fun is.... i really appriciate this community and thank all the guys who support and share there views....
Keep the good work guys...
Dont barke it.. Rathe just Make it happen!!
Thank you all...

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I would also still like to have carrier sections like in the Note 3 and 2 forums, but only limited to carrier specific problems as suggested above by Rally Android.

All users should be encouraged to join in the main forum.

I spent a great year on the Note 3 forum (I still have an international Note 3) and would drop into the Verizon section occasionally as I got to know many Verizon users.

Thing is you do miss information and regular good members on other carrier sections; as it did seem like many members would only post on their own turf.

Encouraging this change now conversely would have worked better for the Note 3 during it's days in the sun.

The problem with the Note 4 forum is it has grown enormously in a very short time. It seems 3 times bigger even now. It has attracted a lot of welcome new members who may contribute long term or may not.
I don't like the idea of many carrier users sticking to their own forum entirely. Most of the best posters in the main N3 forum were on the big carriers though.

I have yet to get a Note 4 and it will be harder to find threads when I do.

Let's keep it helpful, tolerant, non-critical and fun. Maybe this will settle down to Note 3 levels.

The Note 3 forum was a great place to be. Let's have the same here.

From my SM-N9005 Note 3 on Tapatalk

Last edited:

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I spent a year there too. Also started a thread like this. Apparently they just don't want to do it this time...

I would also still like to have carrier sections like in the Note 3 and 2 forums, but only limited to carrier specific problems as suggested above by Rally Android.

All users should be encouraged to join in the main forum.

I spent a great year on the Note 3 forum (I still have an international Note 3) and would drop into the Verizon section occasionally as I got to know many Verizon users.

Thing is you do miss information and regular good members on other carrier sections; as it did seem like many members would only post on their own turf.

Encouraging this change now conversely would have worked better for the Note 3 during it's days in the sun.

The problem with the Note 4 forum is it has grown enormously in a very short time. It seems 3 times bigger even now. It has attracted a lot of welcome new members who may contribute long term or may not.
I don't like the idea of many carrier users sticking to their own forum entirely. Most of the best posters in the main N3 forum were on the big carriers though.

I have yet to get a Note 4 and it will be harder to find threads when I do.

Let's keep it helpful, tolerant, non-critical and fun. Maybe this will settle down to Note 3 levels.

The Note 3 forum was a great place to be. Let's have the same here.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There are pros and cons to both ways I guess.
I know what Synycalwon is saying too.
I would rather one big forum than some universal topic covered only in a sub forum.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Another android forum I use a lot used to do it by carrier for their phones, too. The problem is, it creates a TON of headache and structure issues for the forum itself. You wind up with 4-8 subforums for every.single.phone. It gets ugly in a hurry.

It would probably be easier for the admins (and us) if we were allowed to put pre-fixes on our threads when we make them. Something like "Carrier Issue" or "Support" "Help" "Tip" or similar. This has been used on other forums I've been to, and it helps to a certain degree. Especially if the users can be given the option to sort the new threads by the pre-fixes.

That also allows the sub to remain together.

I am one that prefers to remain unified. I like knowing what other carriers deal with.

Plus I'd be one lonely US Cellular guy in my sub. I think I'm the only one in here some days....

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Another android forum I use a lot used to do it by carrier for their phones, too. The problem is, it creates a TON of headache and structure issues for the forum itself. You wind up with 4-8 subforums for every.single.phone. It gets ugly in a hurry.

It would probably be easier for the admins (and us) if we were allowed to put pre-fixes on our threads when we make them. Something like "Carrier Issue" or "Support" "Help" "Tip" or similar. This has been used on other forums I've been to, and it helps to a certain degree. Especially if the users can be given the option to sort the new threads by the pre-fixes.

That also allows the sub to remain together.

I am one that prefers to remain unified. I like knowing what other carriers deal with.

Plus I'd be one lonely US Cellular guy in my sub. I think I'm the only one in here some days....
Good ideas.
Yes, put the carrier name in the thread title if it's specific.

So you're the US Cellular guy!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Good ideas.
Yes, put the carrier name in the thread title if it's specific.

So you're the US Cellular guy!

Either way at least put it in the thread somewhere as there are sometimes differences in carrier that some might not consider to be a carrier problem

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow ... a lot of great responses here and I agree with everything, lol.

The only issue I guess I have with one big forum is that it is so huge I am afraid threads might just get lost in the quick shuffle and overlooked when a forum poster has an issue.

That being said, I have been having a data connection issue (http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4/475686-4g-really-acting-up.html#post4151266) and it has been awesome getting responses from Note users on other carriers.

I do like making the thread title carrier specific if needed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss