Best PDF scanner file with the camera of note 4 ?? and free app??

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: best PDF scanner file with the camera of note 4 ?? and free app??

I like ScanWritr because I can do multi-page documents at one time, instead of one photo at a time. But I just downloaded CamScanner based on your post, and so far I like the UI much better than ScanWritr. Can't give you a side by side comparison quite yet.
CamScanner has worked well for me over the years. I have scanned 12 page contracts into a single document and emailed all from my phone in the car! But my interest was peaked as well about the one you mentioned, so I am trying it out as well.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I like ScanWritr because I can do multi-page documents at one time, instead of one photo at a time. But I just downloaded CamScanner based on your post, and so far I like the UI much better than ScanWritr. Can't give you a side by side comparison quite yet.

I've been playing around with both now for a few hours and think both are very similar. Both do batch scans and have several ways to share the pdf. I'll probably stick with CamScanner only because it's the one I've been using now for a while. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

This type interaction is one of the main reasons I enjoy AC so much.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

Last edited:

Suzana Taylor

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site

I am curious about ScanWritr now that I've been following this thread. What makes it "Much better than CamScanner"? I use Camscanner almost daily and like it just fine. I don't think it's the end all of scanner apps but it works well. I'm always open to try something different that might be better.

For starters, I like its editing features. I don't need to install a separate app just to use the marker, or put a signature on a scanned document. The next thing I really like, is the way I can open documents of various types (Microsoft Word for example). I don't think CamScanner can do that. Also when dealing with text documents, I find ScanWritr's document enhancement algorithm better than CamScanner's one. I rarely end up with "shadowy" documents after scan. I haven't used CamScanner for a while now, but I remember there was always a bit of shadow or gray area present at the edges of the document, that I couldn't even erase (especially if lighting wasn't great). Speaking of erasing - last, but not least - I love the eraser. Shall there be something that needs to get erased from the document (a slight border at the edge, or something like that), eraser comes greatly in handy.

I hope that will help you :)

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Camscanner is $1.99 right now. I'd say spend the money, it's well worth it.

Where to find Camscanner at $1.99?

Is it $1.99 one time fee? I thought paid version Camscanner is monthly subscription.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

For starters, I like its editing features. I don't need to install a separate app just to use the marker, or put a signature on a scanned document. The next thing I really like, is the way I can open documents of various types (Microsoft Word for example). I don't think CamScanner can do that. Also when dealing with text documents, I find ScanWritr's document enhancement algorithm better than CamScanner's one. I rarely end up with "shadowy" documents after scan. I haven't used CamScanner for a while now, but I remember there was always a bit of shadow or gray area present at the edges of the document, that I couldn't even erase (especially if lighting wasn't great). Speaking of erasing - last, but not least - I love the eraser. Shall there be something that needs to get erased from the document (a slight border at the edge, or something like that), eraser comes greatly in handy.

I hope that will help you :)
Thank you very much for this information! I have been a long time CamScanner user, but I will definitely take a closer look at ScanWritr now!

huntnyc

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this thread. Just bought Scanwriter but wondering if the PDF conversation service to open and convert office docs is free? It tells me in my app account it will auto renew service after 30 days. Just checking and thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome