Note 4 disappointing

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
There is lag when it comes to reading and writing media to the sd card compared to the galaxy s5... other then that the note 4 has been my favorite phone ever.... hopefully they will fix that with an update....

Posted via the Android Central App

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Really disappointed with note 4 performance. Lag everywhere. Coming from m8 there is no comparison in performance, really is time Samsung stepped up and stopped pissing on customers. Should have learned from previous experience to stay away. Thank God I kept the m8. Samsung is no apple killer that's for sure, features don't make up for bad performance

Sorry you fill that way I just got my note 4 and I must say it's even better then my beloved note 3 and the camera is the best I have 3 friends the bought the note 4 and they to love it hope for find something you really like I know I have

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I love mine. No issue with lag except for the multi tasking button. The M8 isn't bad but I also wasn't impressed by it either.

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I believe most of my lag issues are due to my carrier. I'll be in '4g'areas and still not get good service or speed using the Internet or Internet based apps. But what is an issue (samsung, touchwiz, idk) is the camera! Definitely lag after taking photo and then trying to access gallery.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I had no lag on my Gnote3 and I have No Lag on My Gnote4 I have an M8 which is my daughters now and the M8 can not compare to my Gnote4.

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Is it true m8 have no lag? Seriously???? M8 is good phone?

Can't speak for everyone, but I have none what's so ever on my M8. Just purchased the Note 4, this thing is a beast ! Still tinkering w everything, I'm new to touchwiz & haven't experienced any lag but the M8 is faster.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I see what the original post is referring to. There are definitely slowdowns on my Note Edge. Still love my phone. I just wish it didn't happen when I was trying to show my phone off at work in front of a bunch of iPhone users.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

Grifter9931

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I see what the original post is referring to. There are definitely slowdowns on my Note Edge. Still love my phone. I just wish it didn't happen when I was trying to show my phone off at work in front of a bunch of iPhone users.

Just curious, did the S-pen have issues or was it the camera?
Or was it the extra sd card storage that the phone has installed? Maybe your widgets were acting up.???

I play the phone game with my coworkers and it's always the same thing with one group .... Social media, camera, texting, email & finally making a phone call....

The other crowd it's a different set of features.... S-pen, calendar, cloud based storage apps, locating and accessing files, notating pdf's, looking at spreadsheets.....

Just curious to see what worked and what failed for you in your demonstration?

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

If you are experiencing any kind of lag try this. I do not have any kind of lag at all.

Galaxy Note 3 Lag Fix Make It A Lot FASTER!: http://youtu.be/EEjQMM8xplc

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Just curious, did the S-pen have issues or was it the camera?
Or was it the extra sd card storage that the phone has installed? Maybe your widgets were acting up.???

I play the phone game with my coworkers and it's always the same thing with one group .... Social media, camera, texting, email & finally making a phone call....

The other crowd it's a different set of features.... S-pen, calendar, cloud based storage apps, locating and accessing files, notating pdf's, looking at spreadsheets.....

Just curious to see what worked and what failed for you in your demonstration?
It was a discussion about how it's easier to share a picture with Android. On iOS with you do not get all the picture share options right when taking a picture. For example, if you want to take a picture and email it, you have to take the picture, exit the camera app, open the email app, then find your picture to attach with iOS.

So I took a picture with the camera. Then I tapped on the corner to pull the picture up that I just took. The screen was black for about two seconds. Then when the picture came up, it was the wrong picture. So I had to scroll right to get to the picture I actually took. Then I hit the share button. Nothing. Then I hit the share button again, and it took the phone took literally about 3 seconds for the share options to come up. Of course that led into a discussion over touchwiz and bloatware. But anyway, bad timing.

I just did the same exercise with my phone right now and it did the same thing where it took a couple seconds to bring up the picture, which once again was the wrong one, (I guess that was the last picture I was looking at and my gallery app was not closed in memory?) but when I tapped the share button there was no lag and the share options came up immediately.

I get it, the phone is a computer and there are many things going on in the background. iOS has hiccups now and then too. I'm not complaining but I'm not gonna deny it either.

Grifter9931

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
It was a discussion about how it's easier to share a picture with Android. On iOS with you do not get all the picture share options right when taking a picture. For example, if you want to take a picture and email it, you have to take the picture, exit the camera app, open the email app, then find your picture to attach with iOS.

So I took a picture with the camera. Then I tapped on the corner to pull the picture up that I just took. The screen was black for about two seconds. Then when the picture came up, it was the wrong picture. So I had to scroll right to get to the picture I actually took. Then I hit the share button. Nothing. Then I hit the share button again, and it took the phone took literally about 3 seconds for the share options to come up. Of course that led into a discussion over touchwiz and bloatware. But anyway, bad timing.

I just did the same exercise with my phone right now and it did the same thing where it took a couple seconds to bring up the picture, which once again was the wrong one, (I guess that was the last picture I was looking at and my gallery app was not closed in memory?) but when I tapped the share button there was no lag and the share options came up immediately.

I get it, the phone is a computer and there are many things going on in the background. iOS has hiccups now and then too. I'm not complaining but I'm not gonna deny it either.

I only have that issue when there are videos that I have to search through. I have never encountered that issue with pictures. Are you using the stock camera app?

We all interact with different demographics in terms of users...

Good luck educating the masses 😉

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

When else would it possibly lag? Lol So far I've Not had that trouble. Guys at work wanted to watch a game one night So I pulled it up and it played beautifully in the watchespn app. There was a 6+ user there and I just knew it would lag like hell, freeze or blowup. Luckily it was clean, smooth and an amazing picture. Shew!

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
If you are experiencing any kind of lag try this. I do not have any kind of lag at all.

Galaxy Note 3 Lag Fix Make It A Lot FASTER!: http://youtu.be/EEjQMM8xplc

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!

Huh...Thanks for the video. While my Note has always been great, I followed the steps and it is even faster. Especially the home button trick. Wow! Thanks!

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I only have that issue when there are videos that I have to search through. I have never encountered that issue with pictures. Are you using the stock camera app?

We all interact with different demographics in terms of users...

Good luck educating the masses 😉
Yes stock everything except for Nova launcher.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad