BIG troubles with NK3 Update

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Why has my AT&T Note 4 tried auto updating to NK3 at least 5 times in the last week and failed and it is also doing something I have NEVER seen an update do before, please see the pic attached. The update is going past 100% ...... What the hell is that about??

Thank you

Attachments

• 2014-12-07 23.21.23.jpg
    2014-12-07 23.21.23.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 119

cvail

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I remember that happening with at least one of my S4s last year on an update. I ended up having to sideload the update, which worked fine.

don't know if this is the same situation or not. I just downloaded and installed the update just fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
So....It is finishing the update and says my current software is up to date but I'm still on original NIE previous SW version....

And why /how is it auto updating on its own? I have ALL auto updates turned off.

I'm lost..

Last edited:

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
So....It is finishing the update and says my current software is up to date but I'm still on original NIE previous SW version....

And why /how is it auto updating on its own? I have ALL auto updates turned off.

I'm lost..

Hi, Your on Wi-Fi...will it auto update on Wi-Fi or is that off too? That's how mine is setup.

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Your on Wi-Fi...will it auto update on Wi-Fi or is that off too? That's how mine is setup.

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

Hi Mike,
I'm lost....I have auto update turned off, however I am almost always on wifi. But now I'm thinking maybe its better to not update to NK3 because I'm reading about many issues some are having......

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Did the update and my Battery life is even better than it was! Not a single problem here.

^^^this. My update also went past 100%. I changed the date forward on the phone and tried again. Worked fine the second time. Battery life is definitely even better than before and the phone feels speedier, especially with the recent apps button. I would recommend you try again. It is worth it.

Last edited:

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Since the update I had to Factory Reset as my battery life was cut in half by something waking my phone almost constantly. I also have been getting multiple notifications for the same message, and I have any and all "reminders" turned off. Just some weird stuff with this update...

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
^^^this. My update also went past 100%. I changed the date forward on the phone and tried again. Worked fine the second time. Battery life is definitely even better than before and the phone feels speedier, especially with the recent apps button. I would recommend you try again. It is worth it.

Hi,
What do you mean by changed the date forward? How?

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
What do you mean by changed the date forward? How?

In settings>date and time you can change the date ahead a day and it will allow you to check for the update again. If you don't change the date, in my experience, you will receive a message that you must wait 24 hrs to check again.

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Since the update I had to Factory Reset as my battery life was cut in half by something waking my phone almost constantly. I also have been getting multiple notifications for the same message, and I have any and all "reminders" turned off. Just some weird stuff with this update...

I too am dealing with the waking issue after this update. Posted a thread about it a few hours ago. I really don't want to factory reset if I can avoid it

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
What the heck....seems like an update should not end up with all these side issues. I have not even seen a pop up yet. But if I do see one I think I will wait and see if there is an update to the update.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I too am dealing with the waking issue after this update. Posted a thread about it a few hours ago. I really don't want to factory reset if I can avoid it

What's weird is my factory reset helped with my battery (which is all I cared about) but yet there's still a TON of waking going on in my battery graph. It's almost like the waking before was something different, and now it's still happening but must be something different because it's not causing the battery drain. Really weird.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835