Dropped Calls.

GFL

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I got a Note 4 a week or so ago and during a call it randomly disconnects. It happens about 10 minutes into each call. Whats odd it seems to happen more when I call someone vs them calling me. I turned off wifi calling to see if that would help, same thing. Does not matter where im at. Full bars also. I took the phone during a call and moved it all around my face seeing if im hitting something inadvertently yet nothing. So im at a loss on what to do. Carrier is T-Mobile, and just purchased it a week or so ago. It began the same day i purchased it. Any ideas thank you so much for your time.

Dan

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Dropped calls are definitely something to get T-Mo support involved in. If they can't remedy the problem with you, they'll swap out the phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
WiFi calling most likely isn't the issue. Try turning off VoLTE as this can have issues as they work on it in some areas.

GFL

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys. Ill try that. I had Wifi calling set just to test to see if that helped the situation and it didn't. Right now its set for cell preferred and it still drops oddly around the 10 minute mark. Ill try that setting and see if that helps, if not ill make a trip to tmo.

thanks again.

GFL

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Almeuit. Where is this VoLTE setting?... Do you mean to switch off the current setting of LTE/WCDMA/GSM to just WCDMA/GSM?

Thanks

GFL

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Let us know how it works out :).

Had some lengthy calls tonight with no issues. Looks like that was it. Found out my Bro having same issue and told him to shut that Volte off on his note 4 also. Really strange the phones are set to default to that. I can't imagine just how many return there phones, call support, etc on this issue. Obviously this new tech isn't ready for prime time just yet and shouldn't IMO be set to default on these newer phones. Again thank you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Had some lengthy calls tonight with no issues. Looks like that was it. Found out my Bro having same issue and told him to shut that Volte off on his note 4 also. Really strange the phones are set to default to that. I can't imagine just how many return there phones, call support, etc on this issue. Obviously this new tech isn't ready for prime time just yet and shouldn't IMO be set to default on these newer phones. Again thank you.

Yeah -- It is on since they want people to use VoLTE since it is a new feature but .. When they start tweaking and working on it .. I have noticed it can cause dropped calls. I am glad it is an option we can shut off though. I had to turn mine off for about a month ... flipped it on the other day and VoLTE isn't dropping calls. If it does start again I will flip it off... I assume it is them working on it.

Glad that worked for you though! :).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon