camera question

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to have scene mode on the camera? like a quick setting for night, beach etc... i cant find that and think it was on my old note.

thanks

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I believe Samsung got rid of these settings to simplify things in the Camera App. My S3 had a night mode, which was great in low-light. Now, that is missing so I just enable HDR and the phone seems to figure out it's a low-light shot and manages to produce remarkable results... most of the time... without a flash.

If you're looking for other shooting modes, try the Mode Button near the Shutter Button. You can even download new ones from the Galaxy Apps store. There's a Sport Shot mode if you want to capture fast action.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
for more camera settings, switch off "HDR" the tap the wizard wand and the its settings, Add what you need. Then you can reactivate HDR

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the info from you both. i dont want to dl anything or accept tos to get little features though. on sunny days my pics come out too dark. i can mess with e/v but i miss those presets...

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the info from you both. i dont want to dl anything or accept tos to get little features though. on sunny days my pics come out too dark. i can mess with e/v but i miss those presets...

Ahhhh...

Your pics are coming out dark because your camera is exposing for the sky instead of your intended subject. Tap and hold the screen where your subject is and that should engage focus and exposure lock. Or use HDR.

biggunspaul

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
The note 4 does have night mode but it does it automatically.you can see it working if the camera is in auto and go from a light to dark location and you will see the night mode symbol pop up

Posted via the Android Central App

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

You don't have to accept anything new that you haven't already accepted to get the new shooting modes. The additional modes are free, they just have to be downloaded from Galaxy Apps, not the Play Store.