Samsung Galaxy Note 4 People can't hear me via speakerphone

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: People can't hear me via speakerphone

this really is a big issue, i was ready to upgrade my Note 3 till I read this thread, speakerphone is a must 4 me. oh, well, back to the drawing board

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

this really is a big issue, i was ready to upgrade my Note 3 till I read this thread, speakerphone is a must 4 me. oh, well, back to the drawing board

I know I use mine all the time. I'm getting quite frustrated. My carrier is sending a new phone to me I'll let you guys know if it's any better.

Posted via the Android Central App

Therealm80

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

I use the S-view case and if it is folded back it covers the speaker and maybe the mic too.

motoguy1

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Same issue. ATT Note 4, just over a week old. I don't think I used speakerphone before installing the Spigen Tough Armor case, but I don't know for sure. Been told "I'm sorry sir, I can't hear you", etc when using speakerphone.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

I seem to have this problem on my phone also. Verizon here. It's happened a few times where people are not understanding me on speakerphone. Having to repeat myself a few times.

tartrate

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

I have a verizon phone but I have not encountered this issue at all. And I use my speaker phone all the time.

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

Here is a vendor's picture of where the various carriers placed the microphone for speaker phone use.
Your case must be made for your carriers phone or modified to work with all.
If you are not using a case, then you may have a hardware issue.
Good Luck!
Ron
Note4-MicrophoneLocations.jpg

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Here is a vendor's picture of where the various carriers placed the microphone for speaker phone use.
Your case must be made for your carriers phone or modified to work with all.
If you are not using a case, then you may have a hardware issue.
Good Luck!
Ron
View attachment 154282

Yea it's been tested without a case Ave it still has the same problem.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Okay so I have the replacement phone setup. I made 2 calls via the speakerphone in both people said I sounded better. So maybe my first Note 4 unit was just defective. I'm going to try using the speakerphone for a couple days test it out and see what the results are.

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

Okay so I have the replacement phone setup. I made 2 calls via the speakerphone in both people said I sounded better. So maybe my first Note 4 unit was just defective. I'm going to try using the speakerphone for a couple days test it out and see what the results are.

OK let us know, was it a defective product? do more speakerphone calling.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

OK let us know, was it a defective product? do more speakerphone calling.

I used the speaker phone about 3 or 4 times today and every time I used it it was fine people said they could hear me just fine. I do think my first unit was defective. I'm going to test the phone for a few more days and I'll post again here

pauldjohnston

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site

can you provide another update? I have same issue and just got the phone 3 days ago. I am a consultant and use it every day and need to be sure it works as I am speaking to clients constantly. If you are still having luck with the new one, I will also ask for a replacement. If not, its back to Iphone....

jayrod88

May 13, 2010
Visit site

I used the speaker phone about 3 or 4 times today and every time I used it it was fine people said they could hear me just fine. I do think my first unit was defective. I'm going to test the phone for a few more days and I'll post again here

Is the replacement still working as it should? I'm also very worried about this as I just ordered my note 4.

Posted via Android Central App

Eismana80

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

I just registed to the site as I too (on Verizon) am having the same issues with my Note 4; purchased the first day it was released for Verizon from Best Buy. Speakerphone is extremely important to me and am in disbelief that a product would have rolled out like this but it appears that this might be the case. Coming from Apple, Note 4 (imo) more attractive compared to the iPhone 6 Plus, and having an issue like this out the gate is making me highly regret my decision. Nothing I can really do about it now but should this be the case, damaged speakerphone mics and not Verizon, it will definitely be a lesson learned.

Original poster, is the new phone perfect or has the issue started back up?

Thanks!

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Is the replacement still working as it should? I'm also very worried about this as I just ordered my note 4.

Posted via Android Central App

Hey guys. I'm still getting people say from time to time they can't hear me on this replacement phone. I'm really starting to think there is a design flaw with the Note 4 speakerphone. I'm getting highly frustrated with it since I use speakerphone for a lot of calls.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

can you provide another update? I have same issue and just got the phone 3 days ago. I am a consultant and use it every day and need to be sure it works as I am speaking to clients constantly. If you are still having luck with the new one, I will also ask for a replacement. If not, its back to Iphone....

Hey there I just posted below about this. Let me know if you can't find it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze