Samsung Galaxy Note 4 People can't hear me via speakerphone

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have a problem with people saying they cannot hear you or your voice is garbled and crackly when you use the speakerphone for calls? I've had 3 or 4 different people tell me in the past two weeks when I use the speakerphone its all garbled and sounds like an AM radio. Is anyone else having this issue? I restored the phone tonight but its still giving me the same problems, the speakerphone just sounds really bad on the other end for the listener. Strangely I can hear their voice is just fine. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: People can't hear me via speakerphone

Does anyone have a problem with people saying they cannot hear you or your voice is garbled and crackly when you use the speakerphone for calls? I've had 3 or 4 different people tell me in the past two weeks when I use the speakerphone its all garbled and sounds like an AM radio. Is anyone else having this issue? I restored the phone tonight but its still giving me the same problems, the speakerphone just sounds really bad on the other end for the listener. Strangely I can hear their voice is just fine. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks!

Would you happen to have a Verizon Note 4, and did you put a case on it?

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Would you happen to have a Verizon Note 4, and did you put a case on it?

My note 4 is with AT&T. I did take it to the store today to test it with the case off and on. It did it both times. I'm just wondering if this is how the speaker phone is built on these models.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

I also have the same trouble, I can have the phone on my desk about 2ft from my mouth and im told I can't hear you! Though it was just my phone.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

I also have the same trouble, I can have the phone on my desk about 2ft from my mouth and im told I can't hear you! Though it was just my phone.

Hmm Yea i wonder if it's just how this phone is designed? I'm not sure. My carrier wants to send me another phone to replace this one but I feel like why bother if all the phones are going to be that way. But I guess I should try it

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Verizon. Exact same issue but I don't actually talk on my phone much so I've actually only had it happen once but yeah I believe it's an issue

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

Most probably, your device is having some issues with the loudspeaker or sometimes, it happens without any technical faults. Sometimes, it happens with me also.

Wamp Wamp

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

I have an issue with callers on the other end hearing me on speaker phone as well. The sound quality doesnt seem to be too good. I'm on T-Mobile. I wonder if this can be fixed via OTA?

Cavboygt

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

Tmobile here no problem, my wife can here me and can hear my wife also ( u need to pick up milk and tomato in safeway. ) ☺

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

I have an issue with callers on the other end hearing me on speaker phone as well. The sound quality doesnt seem to be too good. I'm on T-Mobile. I wonder if this can be fixed via OTA?

I wonder that as well. At&t is sending me a replacement model. I'll have to report back as to if the new one is better. I'm thinking it's not going to be. :(

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I've been having this problem as well on Verizon. When I first noticed it weeks ago, I took off the case to make sure that wasn't what was causing it. It wasn't the case.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

More like microphone gate, but what's strange is if I use the voice recorder I can hear my voice loud and clear.

Wow I just tried recording a voice memo and you are right, it was crystal clear! I really don't understand why I sound so garbled and crappy when I use it with the phone calls.

johnnylighton

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
On Verizon. People tell me I sound like I'm at the end of a long tunnel when I use the speakerphone, even when the phone is on my desk right in front of me. It's a bummer.

zoomis

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

VZN variant here and I've had the same issue. Tried it with and without the case with not different in clarity. Very strange.

Hearing the other person say, "I'm sorry?" "What was that?" "Pardon?" 50 times in one call finally tipped me off. lol