Note 4 Hangouts

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

Anyone else having issues with copy and paste within the hangouts app for the Note 4?

Apparently it's the same for the iPhone app as well. Cannot cut and paste.

I'm not sure if this was a glitch or intentional. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Yup, usual 'gestures'. Tap and hold on text to copy, tap and hold on text field to paste.

Oh ya, I've figured it out. Guess it must of been a glitch or something. Any info on the iOS app? The situation is that popkey uses the copy and paste feature in order to send gifs. So maybe hangouts isn't compatible with popkey? How else would you send a gif via hangouts on an iOS device?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I don't use popkey (and have no idea what it is, really) but at least on the iOS Hangouts app I'm also able to copy paste TEXT without issues. Tap and hold on text to copy, tap on text field to have keyboard appear and tap and hold text field again to paste (yup, I need two steps).

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, I don't use popkey (and have no idea what it is, really) but at least on the iOS Hangouts app I'm also able to copy paste TEXT without issues. Tap and hold on text to copy, tap on text field to have keyboard appear and tap and hold text field again to paste (yup, I need two steps).

Finally came to the conclusion that the popkey app on iOS is not compatible with hangouts on iOS. Popkey is a keyboard made for iOS 8, it's a gif keyboard quite hilarious actually.