Anybody else notice this?

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Got my Note 4 2 weeks ago. Since I have Wi-Fi, my data plan is only 4GB...which has been more than enough...I average just under 2GB a month.

My usage reset on the 6th (Verizon), and I have not changed my usage patterns...and I am already at OVER 2GB!!! I noticed that my phone was set for global...could that be the reason?

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Got my Note 4 2 weeks ago. Since I have Wi-Fi, my data plan is only 4GB...which has been more than enough...I average just under 2GB a month.

My usage reset on the 6th (Verizon), and I have not changed my usage patterns...and I am already at OVER 2GB!!! I noticed that my phone was set for global...could that be the reason?

Could be an app causing this increase i. Data. You should set your data cap for your phone.

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's that it's global, I think it has to do with all the apps updating and apps that are set to "on" in your notifications. Turn off the Flipboard app as well, that thing will pull in a lot of data. Go to your App manager and check each app and turn off notifications. It's a little tiresome, but I'd do it if you want to avoid going over on your data.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Say i download an app on the play store for 100 MB will it take up 100 mb of my internet data ? Or is it just 100 MB of storage it takes up ?

Posted via my powerhouse of a note 4 ;)

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I had an app running in the background called Unified Daemon a few months back. It caused me to go over my allowance while I was abroad so cost me a fortune in roaming fees. Maybe take a look at that. If you go into the Data Usage option it'll show what it eating your data.

Posted via the Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Also....if you have Facebook installed, be sure that you changed the video options to NEVER or only during wifi. If not, then as you're scrolling through your FB...its loading all those videos and causing you to use a lot more data on your plan. Just something to check.

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
The first month I got my phone my data usage was over 45GB. I didn't even know that was possible. Apparently I was backing up pictures thru Google. Just watch your settings.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I made a post exactly like this when I got my N4 the day it came out, with Verizon also. I had more data in one Week, than I ever had in a Month. Almost went over had I not checked. I had to not use data for the next 3 weeks. I disabled most of the Verizon apps, made apps only update manually, removed or turned off a lot of apps that I don't use. I usually average under 250mb a month and was over 820mb in one week. I waited to see this month's data and today is my last day of my 2nd month's billing cycle and I'm just over 200mb. So definitely was the way the phone was setup and moving things to the new phone when I got it. So hopefully by you changing certain things on the phone and waiting until your 2nd billing period is over, you'll see the same. I'm glad it was only that first month, because I would have jumped ship from Verizon if it was that high again. So you're not the only one that had this problem. Hope that helps a little.

sly11

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Also....if you have Facebook installed, be sure that you changed the video options to NEVER or only during wifi. If not, then as you're scrolling through your FB...its loading all those videos and causing you to use a lot more data on your plan. Just something to check.

Thanks for the tip i didn't know about that one!! Cheers

Posted via the Android Central App

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
If you have download booster turned on, that uses Mobile data as well as WiFi to speed up downloads...and like others have posted above, go through all of the apps and turn off what you don't need.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My data usage matches my actual usage -- I haven't seen any issue with random data being used.

bharding08

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
mine did this to me and if you use instagram and facebook there is a setting for automatically play videos. This is what used most of my data 2 months after turning those settings off I haven't been even close to going over on data.

paradox60660

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you are not backing up to the cloud. Amazon and Verizon plus others will back up your files automatically. Disable or change to WiFi only.

Gr8c3ful1

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Verizon is NOTORIOUS for over charging on data....like at&t times when there is no way the customer was even on data. Verify these charges are even yours!

Gr8c3ful1-Samsung Note 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2