I'm unable to Change the Day on an alarm now?

LoveDoc143

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-12-12-11-12-37.jpg

As you can see in the screenshot, I'm not longer able to change the day on an alarm. Any alarm I set is automatically set for "today". What happened - what am I missing here? I know there used to be a little set of boxes with SMTWTFS that you'd check off but now they're not there and .. ugh .. I need them to be now. I've been digging around for over an hour now and unless I'm blind and over-tired, I can't figure this one out.

Does anybody have any ideas on this one? Thanks in advance for all the help folks - tell me what silly thing I'm missing!

Samsung Note 4
T-Mobile service
Android 4.4.4

LoveDoc143

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-12-12-11-30-53.jpg

Hiya Spook! When I hit "repeat" it brings up that menu which is not what it used to be. I want a one-time alarm for Monday - don't need it repeated every Monday. I used to be able to set alarms days in advance (single time) but now it seems to have been completely removed or hidden or something? Why in the world would that be taken out or hidden so horribly?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you, you should be able to do that... I honestly don't remember if it was there from the beginning (but I haven't updated in a while) since all alarms I set up when getting the phone were repetitive and were set up automatically from a back up, but definitely remember the option you mention. Not on this phone though, I recall using that on the Note 3.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you get a software upgrade recently. If so, that could be why your alarm is now different.

Posted via the Android Central App

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I agree with you, you should be able to do that... I honestly don't remember if it was there from the beginning (but I haven't updated in a while) since all alarms I set up when getting the phone were repetitive and were set up automatically from a back up, but definitely remember the option you mention. Not on this phone though, I recall using that on the Note 3.

I can confirm that this option went away after the update I received from Verizon yesterday.

LoveDoc143

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Hiya folks. Droid - there was a TMo update a month or so ago (I gave up keeping track of these things years ago). It's been a while since I've used this "feature", but I know it was there when I got the Note 4 originally (as was there on every other Android device). Apparently it's an update thing (as noted by Leerandall) .. it HAS to be a bug of some sorts. It makes zero sense to remove a basic feature of ANY alarm app out of nowhere without any documentation.

Tha Capn

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the sprint version and mine is also gone. That sucks. I have had my alarms set up ever since I bought the phone, so I have never noticed that they were gone.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Must have been part of Samsung's update... I hope they bring that back for the Lollipop one and in the meantime, it might be time to try out a different alarm app now.

Stevieaa

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I hope this gets fixed quickly before I turn it off and look for a better alarm elsewhere. I got the update this morning and that's def what caused it! For now I'll put it on repeat and then turn it off after.

serenebeach

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I am so frustrated! I thought I was going crazy until I found this thread. My husband has my old Note 3 and he hasn't updated it yet, the alarm still shows the options to choose days. I really hope they fix this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa