Camera quality is absolutely horrendous. Am I doing something wrong?

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
On my AT&T Note 4 the plastic doesn't actually cover the whole lens, just the periphery of it.

Same as the Sprint model I got. I've always scratched my head at the lens cover comments, but I guess maybe other models actually cover the lens?

Posted via the Android Central App

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Same as the Sprint model I got. I've always scratched my head at the lens cover comments, but I guess maybe other models actually cover the lens?

My Sprint phone had two separate covers - one on the periphery and another one just on the glass itself. I had to work at getting a fingernail under an edge of it to remove it. I wouldn't have known it was there but for a comment about it on another forum.

Last edited:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My Sprint phone had two separate covers - one on the periphery and another one just on the glass itself. I had to work at getting a fingernail under an edge of it to remove it. I wouldn't have know it was there but for a comment about it on another forum.
Exactly. Same here.

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Samsung just isn't able to build a camera that delivers sharp and crisp photos, unlike Apple.

iPhone camera crushes the android competition, thats the only reason why I'm a bit jealous at iPhones.[/QUOTe

Really..this from my note3. Only one small lamp on no time for focusing..point and shoot..

Sent from my most awsome note 3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420595358976.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420595358976.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 57

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Try it with your fingertip. They ship from Samsung with that piece of plastic. AT&T doesn't have anything to do with it. You may not be able to see it, but it should be there.

Na, mine just had the one piece of plastic. Does everyone else actually have two pieces of plastic covering the lens?

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So my Note 4 is an At&t and it came with the little plastic thing with the hole in it. I had problems with the camera not focusing and such until I peeled the little plastic thing off. It is not going to work as any type of screen protector or anything. The part it is NOT covering is the part that would matter if gets scratched. Those little windows are a full 5 bucks on ebay for a replacement. Take it off if you haven't everyone, please.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
My Sprint phone had two separate covers - one on the periphery and another one just on the glass itself. I had to work at getting a fingernail under an edge of it to remove it. I wouldn't have known it was there but for a comment about it on another forum.

You mean the periphery of the square? On the back cover? I had that, and one of the lens cover, but...

The one I had on the camera lens cover (the square piece of glass) had a hole right in the middle, so it didn't impede the actual camera lens at all.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
You mean the periphery of the square? On the back cover? I had that, and one of the lens cover, but...

The one I had on the camera lens cover (the square piece of glass) had a hole right in the middle, so it didn't impede the actual camera lens at all.

The one on the lens cover did not have a hole in it.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Hah. How much were you paid to post this lie?

? I find it excellent. My work phone's an iPhone 6 Plus and it definitely doesn't have a better camera. My soon to be ex-N6 isn't better, either - and has much slower AF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Unless I missed it, I find it very interesting that this derogatory statement posted by the OP, in 14 pages of responses/posts hasn't been back since their Original Post! Hmmm

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
There is no disputing the camera on the iphone 6 plus is great or rather the processing, but the 6 is lacking iOS so thus will be effected.

So we are talking about the 6 plus vs Note 4 and its not a hammering but yes its been reviewed as the 6 plus takes it.

But wait this WILL depend on the user to an extent obviously. Point n shoot the Note 4 has surprised me in lowlight, I have a 3 year old that won't stay still and have managed to get keepers.

So in my mind it depends on varying factors, I'm no photography expert (know very little). What I do know while the 6 plus may produce sharper images, the note 4 is far from a shoddy camera and I am more than happy with the results "I" get.

I agree, I find the 6+ to be unable to impress me.

Sent from my glorious note 4.

kelton

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Professional reviewers, of all stripes, are analysing the iPhone and Note 4 all over the web... and both phones are so close, they have to resort to pixel peeping to find where one excels and the other falls barely shy of the other.

These phones are close and they both have excellent cameras based on those reviews.

Hopefully, the concerns listed in this thread are truly a mechanical flaw with the Note 4. I just become upgrade eligible today, love taking photos, and the camera was a huge selling point on the phone.

I'm still trying to decide if I want a great camera with an unwieldy phone size.... or something that fits more comfortably in the pocket and hand but with a lesser camera.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Professional reviewers, of all stripes, are analysing the iPhone and Note 4 all over the web... and both phones are so close, they have to resort to pixel peeping to find where one excels and the other falls barely shy of the other.

These phones are close and they both have excellent cameras based on those reviews.

Hopefully, the concerns listed in this thread are truly a mechanical flaw with the Note 4. I just become upgrade eligible today, love taking photos, and the camera was a huge selling point on the phone.

I'm still trying to decide if I want a great camera with an unwieldy phone size.... or something that fits more comfortably in the pocket and hand but with a lesser camera.

Get the note.

Sent from my glorious note 4.