all of a sudden lag

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
For two days now I get a intermittent lag.. It's happened while texting, it will freeze and and tapping letters does nothing then 5 secs later all the letters I pressed show up.. also while browsing. Scrolling stops then starts after a couple seconds.. weird. Anyone else?

Posted via the Android Central App

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
mine was fast but later slowed down and would freeze even the weakest games for a split second.. for it it was the damn live wallpapers. you would think with all the HP this thing has it would handle it but I guess not.. once removed to an image things seems to be good.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
For two days now I get a intermittent lag.. It's happened while texting, it will freeze and and tapping letters does nothing then 5 secs later all the letters I pressed show up.. also while browsing. Scrolling stops then starts after a couple seconds.. weird. Anyone else?

Are you using the stock keyboard? I was having the same issue with Swype keyboard until I changed to lollipop keyboard.
mine was fast but later slowed down and would freeze even the weakest games for a split second.. for it it was the damn live wallpapers. you would think with all the HP this thing has it would handle it but I guess not.. once removed to an image things seems to be good.
Maybe the live wallpaper is sucking too much resources. If the wallpaper is a 3rd party one just try a different one from another developer to see if the issue persist.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Could also be duo to some defective apps you downloaded. I'm not sure why your phone lags all the sudden, because mine is still sailing strong and can't really find any lag. Of course when browsing some sites seems to go slow and sluggish, but that happend on all my phones and I've owned many! For example the "all mighty iphone 6 which never lags and has no bugs etc etc" did those things.

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Stock keyboard.. Not sure about any bad apps but I restarted the phone, then shut it off and it's fixed for now... ?? I don't know..

billbryan516

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I figured I could clear the old texts but every time I try that, the stock messaging app crashes on me. Not really sure how to get my Note back in working order. Cleared the cache, restarted, same problems.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you cleared the messaging app cache specifically or just a general cache clean? Suggest that from all applications you select the message app and clear its cache. If you want to delete all old messages clear the data as well. Restart after cleaning.

Arws Apps

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Could it be that you have some apps running in the background, trying to connect to the internet, for example, or running some other process?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Err. I've had the same issues. Cleared the cache partition and I'm on my 6th factory reset, trying different troubleshooting as I go.

Initially, I let the phone restore from backup. Same issues. Freezing, not responding, then eventually restarting. I have NOTHING to tie this to except the Facebook app, which put my phone into a boot loop four days ago. After that, I cleared the cache and didn't reinstall the app. Now, I have nothing but issues. I've removed the SD card, it's not even IN the phone at the moment and it's still acting like a little b*tch...

I've gone into developer mode and turned off the transitions, I've also disabled S Voice from the home key.

I finally have factory reset "as a new device". I went from there - one at a time, updating ONLY the apps that were stable and did NOT have recent (in the last week) updates. It would RESET during an app UPDATING. I'm wondering if it's TouchWiz? My phone is unstable, unusable and useless to me without apps on it. The only way it's running without issues is if I don't dare update a single app.

HELP. Anyone? Advice??