Attention all Nova experts.. noob needs help

JaneGI

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.. hope you can help.. I just downloaded Nova and was just wondering .. in order to change my icons.. do I need to download a icon pack or do I need to change the whole theme in order to get other icons ? And where do you guys get all your nice stuffs you showed us in the sticky about home screens .. do I download the themes in the playstore or where do you guys get all your interesting layouts .. thanks in advance for all your replies !!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You just need an icon pack that is compatible with Nova (almost any icon pack), and then apply it in Nova Settings under look and feel.

As for individual setups, you will probably have to ask the person in question. Different apps and such will cause different layouts.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
As mentioned above you need to install an icon pack and then activate it in Nova. You should also note that if the icon pack you choose doesn't have an icon for a particular app on your phone it will not be changed. Thus, you will probably want to review the icons available in each pack that interests you as well as how difficult it is to request a specific icon be made available.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Some of the stuff is available only in the prime version. IMO just the gestures alone make the prime version the way to go. I don't have any icons on my home screen. I use gestures to pull up the apps I always use...and a "drawer" icons on a second screen for secondary apps I use. I like how clean the picture looks.

As far as the different icons and stuff, a lot of those are Widgets. Others are the packs.

Once u play with Nova for a day or two...it's real easy. You will become a home screen decoator expert. Lol

A lot of the backgrounds are screen shots and a lot are from zedge. Free in PS. IF you don't already have it.

Really there is nothing to it. Just mess around in Nova and have fun!

Once you get it set the way u like it don't forget to backup.

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
After you download an icon pack you can apply the whole set or just change one by one. For example, you can use the new icons on your home screen and keep the stock ones in the drawer (or any combination with different packs).

This is especially good if you like a minimal style on your homescreens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar