Not understanding "Favorites" in the default dialer at all...

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

So....Coming from an iPhone the favorites section in the dialer contacts on the iPhone were individually picked contacts you placed in favorites.

In Android it seems every person I call is automatically placed in the favorites section.

How do I just create the truly favorite friends and family I want to save in favorites and keep the rest of the crap out??

Thanks

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
It shouldn't be adding everyone. But, up at the top above their picture (when looking at their single contact), is a star. If it is yellow, they are "favorite". When looking at the entire contacts list, if there is a gold star in the corner of their pic, they are a favorite.

Just enter their single contact and tap that star. Un-favorite.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think you misinterprets what you see. I assume you see the favorite and immediately below it is the "frequently contacted ". Is that what you see?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I think you misinterprets what you see. I assume you see the favorite and immediately below it is the "frequently contacted ". Is that what you see?

Hi,
Yes, you are correct. At the top I select "Favorites" which shows me "Frequently Contacted" below. So I guess my question then would be....Where do we create favorites ?

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Not understanding "Favorites" in the default dialer at all...

Hi,
Yes, you are correct. At the top I select "Favorites" which shows me "Frequently Contacted" below. So I guess my question then would be....Where do we create favorites ?
Just click the + as shown here.
a825e2bfa6aa1bd1d225cda360897a2d.jpg

Then choose the contact(s) you want to add.

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

Thanks all,
I set my 12 favorites, I now see the little gold star by their name. Question though....Will phone calls I make to other contacts that are not favorites be added to my favorites?

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

Thanks all,
I set my 12 favorites, I now see the little gold star by their name. Question though....Will phone calls I make to other contacts that are not favorites be added to my favorites?
No. But, they might show up under your favorites as frequently contacted.