Love the printing feature!

ahutchga1972

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have an AT&T Note 4. Today I needed to print a link sent from a fellow teacher (I'm home on medical leave). I downloaded the HP link, the phone recognized my printer, and I quickly printed the document. Very impressive! Each day I'm finding new ways to use my Note.

Posted via the Android Central App

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome! You're lucky it worked so well. I've yet to be successful... No device I have can find or recognize any of my networks printers..

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
That's awesome! You're lucky it worked so well. I've yet to be successful... No device I have can find or recognize any of my networks printers..

Have you tried the printhand app? NOTE the free app will only let you test your printing environment. I have had exceptional results with printhand on my own home network and clients networks.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You might also need the Samsung printing plugin. Do you have this installed on your note 4?
d1d6487240a6ae22a23bd71634a781ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Yea...something's Not right with the setup. I print Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to my $59 HP all the time . You should be able to do this easily.

To the OP... Nice! GLAD you like it.

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I bought a cheap hp all in one then installed the hp all in one app can print directly to printer easily also can scan whatever is on the glass to phone as well.. comes in handy :)

Posted via the Android Central App

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yea...something's Not right with the setup. I print Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to my $59 HP all the time . You should be able to do this easily.

So far, no luck. It might be easier if we had HP printers I guess.

You might also need the Samsung printing plugin. Do you have this installed on your note 4? http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/17/d1d6487240a6ae22a23bd71634a781ad.jpg

I've tried the plug-in, still can't find either of our Brother laser printers.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So far, no luck. It might be easier if we had HP printers I guess.

I've tried the plug-in, still can't find either of our Brother laser printers.
Did you try using the brother app. Brother has it own dedicated app in the play store. Try that and let us know the outcome.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The app Printer Share works great. I've got an older brother wifi printer, and can print from all of our Android devices

Posted via Android Central App

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Wow, just hooked up a HP printer and went to a pic I wanted printed out and my Note 4 found my printer in about one second and bam printed out. Never thought it would be that easy!!!!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Have you set your WiFi network to be "visible" to other devices?

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The app PrinterShare has always worked well for me on Androids. The pay version is cheap and they support lots of printers. Just needs a wifi connection.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Have you set your WiFi network to be "visible" to other devices?

No. I did nothing to the network. I bought the printer because it was cheaper than the 2 cartridges I went to get. I downloaded the "Eprinthp" app, did the search to pull up 2450 and gallery and print. That easy. Took longer to get the printer out of the box then it did to setup the eprint app.

Excuse me...that's "HPEprint" app.

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well...next time you need 30 dollars worth of ink cartridges just put another 20 with other and get a new printer. Hmmm...

Thanks but no... I enjoy finally having laser printers that are reliable. We'll never go back to ink jet. Too costly when you have a business and print 500+ pages a day and HP Ink Jets have never lasted us more than a few months. Printing from my phone isn't nearly as important as being able to print from our computers.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks but no... I enjoy finally having laser printers that are reliable. We'll never go back to ink jet. Too costly when you have a business and print 500+ pages a day and HP Ink Jets have never lasted us more than a few months. Printing from my phone isn't nearly as important as being able to print from our computers.
Understood, I hope you keep trying.

I've had issues with an older HP printer in our office, but the other printers work fine with my Note 4.

Over wifi with the Samsung printer app is all I have used.

How old is the WiFi router or access point in your office?