Bluetooth issue - Verizon N4

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I've had the Note 4 several weeks now, and it's been a great phone. However, I'm having some serious Bluetooth issues.

When I try to stream audio in my car, either through Google Play or Spotify, the music skips/glitches several times per song. I've made the Spotify playlists available offline, and the music I've played through Google Play music is stored locally, so it's not a streaming issue. My car has MyFord Touch, which I have reset. I have deleted and repaired the phone, and have also renamed it. Once in a while, the phone won't even connect to the car, but the issue is resolved when I reboot the phone, so I doubt the issue is with MyFord Touch or the car since other devices work 100% fine and the only device having the issue is the Note 4. Phone calls are fine.

Any suggestions?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the skip problem when playing through the speakers?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Do you have the skip problem when playing through the speakers?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

No, it plays fine locally. It's a Bluetooth issue.

I can play audio from my iPad to the car with no issues, and I was able to play audio from my M8, iPhone 6+, iPhone 5S, etc. with no issues on the same MyFord Touch system with no issues, so it's something Bluetooth related on the Note.

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Note 4 several weeks now, and it's been a great phone. However, I'm having some serious Bluetooth issues.

When I try to stream audio in my car, either through Google Play or Spotify, the music skips/glitches several times per song. I've made the Spotify playlists available offline, and the music I've played through Google Play music is stored locally, so it's not a streaming issue. My car has MyFord Touch, which I have reset. I have deleted and repaired the phone, and have also renamed it. Once in a while, the phone won't even connect to the car, but the issue is resolved when I reboot the phone, so I doubt the issue is with MyFord Touch or the car since other devices work 100% fine and the only device having the issue is the Note 4. Phone calls are fine.

Any suggestions?
Are you rooted? I had the same problem after rooting and installing Wanam Xposed. Had to apply some fixes, although I think they are incorporated now. My Note 4 working great with MyFord Touch in 2012 Explorer.

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I usually am not streaming, but playing previously downloaded content. I'll try streaming some Spotify today. Have you updated MFT to the latest release for your vehicle?

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I usually am not streaming, but playing previously downloaded content. I'll try streaming some Spotify today. Have you updated MFT to the latest release for your vehicle?

I'm running the latest MFT version, and MFT has no issues with any other Bluetooth device. For what it's worth, I'm not streaming the music over LTE, I have all playlists available for offline use which stores it locally on the phone. I'm also not using an SD card, just the internal phone storage so it's not an issue there. Google Play music also skips and glitches, so it's not just spotify. There have been times when the phone refuses to connect to a Bluetooth device until the phone is rebooted, so I'm positive there is something wrong with the phone. I'm just not sure what.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I get about 1 skip every time I play over Bluetooth in my car. It's usually only just 1 skip, hardly ever in the first song, but it will happen at some point during each playlist. All songs are also stored locally on a Samsung SD card (48 MB/s). Factory reset didn't fix it. Since it's only one, it's not a show stopper, but it is annoying. I can only imagine if it did it more often. I wish it would be fixed though. Hopefully, in Lollipop (we can wish!).

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting slightly over half the Bluetooth range I had on my Note 3. It also drops my old Moto car speaker and fails to connect automatically. The Note 3 connected automatically to the car in the front garage when I was in the back yard. I kept the old Note 3. It won't make calls. I can hold both phones in the same hand and see how much better the Note 3 is. Can MyFord do any other type connection?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs