Note 4 purchase questions

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I am going to be honest. The Note 4 is not my first choice. I really wanted a Nexus 6. I have been snooping here and reading threads for about a week. I just want to confirm a few things. I am on Verizon and coming from a Note 2.
1. Does the quick charger come with the phone?
2. Is wireless charging worth the cost? I have a desk top cradle at my desk with a 2 amp charger plugged in for those really heavy use days. Maybe I can get the Note 4 to fit in.
3. Bluetooth radio: what range are you getting out of it? Is the sound from BT really that low on all phones or just some?
4. Can I tap my Note 2 to the Note 4 to transfer settings? If so, how? Will it do apps too?
Anything else I should know about? I have a funny feeling Verizon will announce they are supporting the N6 exactly 15 days after I purchase this phone. But my old Note 2 needs to go.

Posted via the Android Central App

appolusionist

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
1. Yes
2. I don't think so, but really depends on your use. I already bought a case for my phone, and the official wireless back cover makes the phone just slightly thicker from what I read from the reviews. I didn't want to take the chance the chance my case would not fit.
3. I have kept conversations going with my BT headset to about 25' without a problem.I am happy with the volume with bluetooth.
4. I don't know.

I was debating between the N6 and the Note 4 also, but I use the multi window features and s-pen often enough that I would have missed it. Plus I like the idea of having the option of an extra battery to swap out.

Richard Eagar

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
The extra battery swap out is good as is the added memory with the micro SD slot! Both of which the nexus 6 is minus.
I have the s-view case with wireless charging and it works great. It does not charge as fast as the quick charger which charges really fast!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
When I bought the Note 2 I was a heavy SPen user. Since my job has changed I don't use it at all. I am a fairly big guy and never uses the multitasking or multi window functions.
Yes the removable battery on the Note makes it an advantage. My Note 2 goes many days using both batteries. This phone is a refurbished unit I got on insurance and has been a Pita.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I get excellent range from my Bluetooth, much better than the S3 I replaced which lost a tremendous amount of BT range after the latest OS update.

Your apps generally come from the Play Store and don't transfer over when you tap the devices but do appear in the your apps page on the Play Store and have to be reinstalled which is no big deal.

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks mty!
It was something I noticed people doing with the Nexus 6. May be a lollipop feature.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2