Why can't callers hear me?

ufd517

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 voice prblem

This has happened a few times to me and I haven't seen any related threads. It all started when I used the fingerprint unlock on my note 4. Whenever the device was locked and I received an incoming call I would be able to here the caller but they couldn't here me. I assumed it was the lock screen and switched it back to the pattern lock. It has started doing the same thing on that lock screen and I'm not sure what the problem is. I have looked through all the lock settings and can't seem to find any solution. Any thoughts?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 4 voice prblem

Unless the Mute button is pressed, there really shouldn't be a reason why your caller wouldn't hear you. Do you have any case that might be interfering with the microphone?

ufd517

May 28, 2014
Visit site

No I don't use a case at all. I have checked the mute button while answering a call and its off, I have also toggled it to on then back off just to make sure. Just a bit more info, I am running Nova Launcher Prime with the stock dialer and 4.4.4(BNK3) on ATT. I have not had the problem with just the swipe security feature on. So frustrating!!!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Do you have the OK Google on lockscreen feature on? Might be 'taking over' the microphone. Which is still a bug if that's the case.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

OK...this has happened to me. May Not be the same issue...but....I have Bluetooth in my Jeep. I leave my Bluetooth on, on the phone all the time. Occasionally the jeep and phone will pair when I'm in the house. Lol. When it does that the Jeep can here the call, but me in the house can't. Next time that happens look at the Bluetooth icon and see if it's paired with something. Laptop, ear buds, car anything.

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

MalinoisK9

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

Haven't made a ton of calls in the week that I've had mine but have had the same thing happen even when making calls. Hadn't thought much about it just figured it was att service.